DA support plan

techmonkey

Verified User
I have been running DA for a couple weeks and I like it a lot! In the next few months I think I'll have it installed on a couple more servers.

Question about the licensing fees though: I am purchasing the monthly license that includes "unlimited support". What does that mean exactly? Does that mean installation of DA upgrades will be offered as part of the support package?

Also - I am used to going to my datacenter for all my technical needs since I usually purchase the server and the CP through them. Now that I have DA as a seperate service provider, do I go to them for things like PHP recompiles? Does the DA staff have a standard hourly rate for such work?

Thanks!

techmonkey said:
I have been running DA for a couple weeks and I like it a lot! In the next few months I think I'll have it installed on a couple more servers.
Good choice :) !
Question about the licensing fees though: I am purchasing the monthly license that includes "unlimited support". What does that mean exactly?
It means the DA support staff will help you if you have any problems with either DA itself, or (usually) the programs that DA installs. If you browse these forums you'll see lots of places where we (the general community) help, and a few where we say "You'll have to contact DA support for that".
Does that mean installation of DA upgrades will be offered as part of the support package?
DA itself is updated automatically for all DA users, completely independent of whether or not they've got support.
Also - I am used to going to my datacenter for all my technical needs since I usually purchase the server and the CP through them. Now that I have DA as a seperate service provider, do I go to them for things like PHP recompiles?
DA neither updates any system software besides DA itself, nor any other package; you do that yourself or hire an individual or company to keep you up-to-date. Perhaps your data center can do that for you, but they should be familiar with DA if you're going to trust them with that; some packages DA uses are from RPMs but most are directly compiled on the server.
Does the DA staff have a standard hourly rate for such work?
DA staff has their hands full with DA. They leve it up to others (such as us at nobaloney.net) to offer third-party services.

We, and others, have both contract and non-contract rates for system maintenance, administration, security and other server related work.

We, and others, also offer dedicated server packages including full server management, DA, and DA management, as well.

Jeff

Back