FreeBSD 8.0 - WHEN?

I'm confused by your post. Is this required to make DA work or are you just giving us a heads up in case we wanted to play with these variables?

I think you mean my post? Hard to tell when you do not give a specific response.

with our without DA you can run into booting problems on FreeBSD 8 given that gpart is default there, and some people might or might not have that running already.

I did not have the proper setup at the time, and got bitten by it, on a machine not running DA. I can imagine that my DA system, which was setup only a month before, has the same problems. In my opinion it's better to share that information then to keep it to myself :)

Yes, it was in reply to your post :)
Of course, it's best to share :)
I was just surprised that's all, because I didn't have any problems, but I did a clean install of 8.0 using ZFS.

My was a prestine installation of 7.x a while ago. My fileserver didn't have any problems, my webserver had, so people upgrading to 8.x and being unable to boot, please consider using my approach, and ALWAYS make sure you have a backup kernel available that you can use to boot up the system!

Hi

could we get a formal answer that do DA works good on FreeBSD 8.0 64 bit now?

Hello,

It's been quite a while since we've had any reports of issues. I'll move it out of beta.

John

Just make sure you install compat6x ... I noticed some issues before it was installed.

I have been using DirectAdmin on FreeBSD 8.0 x64 on a production server since July 12. No problems to report!

64bit too
i want to use freebsd8.0 (64bit) for new server

:D

And is it possible to install everything from ports in the future? The outdated ports are a possible security risk and it's a nightmare to update them manually...

Back