Virtual user folders missing?

BrianUK

Verified User
I've recently rebuilt my server on Debian 5 and re-installed DA.

Now before using ssh and pine (now alpine) I could open the main users mailbox and it would show all the virtual users as well, this enabled me to move incorrrectly marked spam to their mailbox by using save domain.com/username however I can no long do this, same goes with logging in using main account into squirrelmail doesn't show VUsers accounts.

Also in SA i've got it set as Send the spam to appropriate user's spam folder however all the spam still goes to the main users spam box.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
What shows you virtual users? Never seen that in my life. This is really hard to read, you wrote one really long run-on sentence.

After logging as main account user via ssh and loading pine when selecting 'folders' it used to show all the virtual users mailboxes ie user1 user2 etc and I could browse all their folders.

Are you using dovecot now or not? Never heard of anyone doing that with pine.

Using Dovecot virtual users are found under a totally different Directory than are system users. So I'm not sure what you mean by using Pine to open the main usres' mailbox.

If you're using DirectAdmin with Dovecot, then each individual email is in it's own file, and in a completely different structure.

Jeff

The main user I mean the username that you setup when creating an account

Create User
Username:

By logging in via ssh as that user and running pine I could view this 'real' users emails as well as vitual ones that have been added via DA.

I'm not familiar with pine.

On your old server were all the emails in one file? Or did you look at different files?

Jeff

Back