Code:
217:~# /etc/init.d/directadmin restart
Stopping DirectAdmin: [ FAILED ]
Starting DirectAdmin: [ OK ]

and if i try to reload it i get:
Code:
217:~# /etc/init.d/directadmin reload
Reloading DirectAdmin config file: [ FAILED ]

and then more strange if i try to look in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf
that it does not exists, the folder: /usr/local/directadmin/conf/ exists but there is nothing in it

EDIT: I run this directadmin on debian 5.0

Can anybody help me please,

Regards,
Gtasamp

Last edited:
Code:
217:~# /etc/init.d/directadmin restart
Stopping DirectAdmin: [ FAILED ]
Starting DirectAdmin: [ OK ]
217:~# nano /var/log/directadmin/error.log

then i see nothing in that file. it is a new file. no content

i don't really know, as i can see is that the apache is running.

I need to reinstall it or something?

Last edited:
the error you had should be caus elicense is not setup for debian but for another OS, reinstall DA and check what error you get, with that error we should help you more.

regards

I thought if your license wasn't for the OS where you were trying to install DA it simply didn't continue with installation.

I don't think that is the problem here. Maybe a reinstallation will correct that?

yes if license is not correct da installation fail.. but.. ppl think can workaround installing directly with custombuild.. and then they got da doesnt work license doestn work, ip files doesnt exist....

As i already sayd to the ppl asked me, setup.sh must do everything by itself, if that doesnt work so you have to investigate on the errors it give you and on your license informations.

I thought if your license wasn't for the OS where you were trying to install DA it simply didn't continue with installation.

It may at some point error out because of install issues but it does NOT check the OS before installing. It tells you "DirectAdmin will now be installed on: (OS version of license)." And then asks you "Is this correct? (must match license) (y,n)."

It is up to you to make sure the license and the OS match.

Back