Installatron: Installs failing when installing anything that uses MySQL

frankc420

Verified User
Since the installatron support is pretty useless (been waiting 11 days without response) I figure maybe the trusty DA patrons might be of assistance!

Ok so, if I try to install ANY script that uses MySQL, it install fails with:

mysql database connection failed.
host = localhost
database = admin_LppfEphpmy
username = admin_LppfEphpmy
errstr = Could not connect to admin_LppfEphpmy:password@localhost -- Access denied for user 'admin_LppfEphpmy'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

It creates the database, it creates the user, but it cannot access it. I went to shell and did a mysql -u admin_LppfEphpmy -p admin_LppfEphpmy and typed in the password, worked like a charm! But, if I do it the same way installtron is trying to access it (mysql -u 'admin_LppfEphpmy'@'localhost' -p admin_LppfEphpmy) it fails.

I looked at the database host permissions and localhost is there. Actually, it's identical to every other database setup on my box.

To me, it's the @localhost part that is causing issues, any ideas on how to fix this?

Fark, you know, you can work on something for days and never find a solution, as soon as you ask someone for help the answer slaps you in the face.

Solution to my problem was adding a [MySQL] section to the php.ini file that installatron uses. /usr/local/installatron/etc/php.ini

After specifying the socket and port, we're all good.

Back