backscatter spam with bounce messages

santovito

Verified User
Hi,

I have read many threads on this forum about the ban on backscatter but haven't found a definitive solution for this problem.

on the internet I found this solution: http://spamlinks.net/prevent-secure-backscatter.htm#reject-exim

I saw that someone on this board had already reported, but I could not tell if it is a good idea for fix this problem

anyone has solutions?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English

Vito

It looks interesting, but a lot of work. I don't have time to build it and test it. If someone else will, I'll be happy to consider putting it into my exim.conf file at some point.

You build it.

You test it.

When you know it works, let me know, and I'll try it.

When that works, we can work on building it into DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Hi,

I have read many threads on this forum about the ban on backscatter but haven't found a definitive solution for this problem.

on the internet I found this solution: http://spamlinks.net/prevent-secure-backscatter.htm#reject-exim

I saw that someone on this board had already reported, but I could not tell if it is a good idea for fix this problem

anyone has solutions?

Thanks and sorry for my bad English

Vito

It is not so hard to get a workaround for this.
We created a bouncer server which will handle all the bounces from the REAL server. So the real server is clean where the bouncer gets blocked. No troubles getting listed anymore.

It is not so hard to get a workaround for this.
We created a bouncer server which will handle all the bounces from the REAL server. So the real server is clean where the bouncer gets blocked. No troubles getting listed anymore.

I know this is a very old post, but did anybody figure out or know how this can done?

Asking because I'm having problems with backscatterer.org blacklisting some of my customers repeatedly. Unfortunately, they also often email customers on servers that use backscatterer as a blacklist instead of just a reference.

I'm not going to post it online. Maybe some people can use these techniques in other ways :)

If you are interested, contact me on PM.

I'm not going to post it online. Maybe some people can use these techniques in other ways :)

If you are interested, contact me on PM.

Thanks for the reply. Since there is the chance of abuse, and the source of my troubles tend to be a couple of clients who repeatedly get infected with virus and what not, it would probably be best not to use a technique that might allow them to cause even bigger problems.

I'll try to see if an modified Spamblocker 4 and other changes help to eliminate the incidents first.

Back