Sorbs Delistings

LawsHosting

Verified User
Has anyone dealt with them regarding a delisting of a /16 block - I rent my IP's through my supplier (who I also have my servers from).... They have a problem of spammers renting servers for just a month just to spam (allegedly), they assign a server a specific IP from a block, then additional IP's can be rented (like I do) for each server.

So, when Sorbs catches a spamming IP, instead of blocking /32 they block /16! So the whole damn block! I think this is wrong but they say it's normal (yes, afaik, that block does get abused by spammers often, which got me thinking why they blocked the whole block - still wrong imo).

Even I tried to get it delisted but they didn't want to know - even the supplier tried to delist for some time, no joy either.

N00bish question alert: Am I thinking right if we don't use that IP block for domains, then email will be ok, or do they look at just the main server IPs for mail?

On a side note, what is up with their site SSL certificate. I kept getting warnings on each page I went to! :confused:

Sorbs is quite aggressive. In the past their logic was that if the provider allowed even one spammer, that was reason to remove the whole block. Some information here (wikipedia.org).

Be sure to read the section Criticism.

Jeff

Sorbs sucks. I swapped dedicated server providers. Got me new block of IP's and 2 of the 13 are listed. I went round and round trying to get them delisted. My provider tried. It came down to all they really want it money to delist :rolleyes: (yes I know it's a donation)

Back