directadmin on ubuntu????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent

Verified User
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how i can get directadmin on Ubuntu 10.04 ???

Thanks,
Vincent

I just did this now, on a fresh 10.04, 64bit edition.
The installation process completes with an error with directadmin itself.
Apache, MySQL, Exim, Bind, are all installed. It's just directadmin that craps out when it tries to run, with a segmentation fault. Here's the error, when running with debug level 200:

Code:
root@corwin:/usr/local/directadmin# ./directadmin b200
Debug set to level 200
Unable to read config file. Cannot find the diradmin user.  Make sure the diradmin user exists in your system.<br>
This error also comes up when the wrong OS is selected in the license. These binaries were compiled for: Debian 5.0<br>
Segmentation fault

However, I checked and directadmin.conf exists, the diradmin user exists, and /var/log/directadmin/ exists and has the following last lines:

Code:
Install of /usr/local/directadmin/data/templates/directadmin.conf to /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf successfull
*** Unable to read directadmin.conf.  Check permissions and make sure that it exists.  Cannot find the diradmin user.  Make sure the diradmin user exists in your system.<br>
This error also comes up when the wrong OS is selected in the license. These binaries were compiled for: Debian 5.0<br>

## INSTALL_FAILED
## REPORT_END

In my license, it's definitely set to "Debian 5.0". I made sure to do this before I started the installation.

Last edited:
Problem solved, I didn't notice that there's Debian 5.0, and Debian 5.0 64bit, in the list of license types.

Setting the license type to 64bit solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back