DirectAdmin Support - Great/Good Enough/Not so hot?

bcoker

Verified User
What kind of support can I expect from DirectAdmin in terms of response time, professionalism If I were to purchase a license that comes with support?

Anyone have any solid experience they care to share? Hopefully I would never need it but that's just not how things happen most of the time so I'd like to get an idea of what I can expect.

Thank you!

In my opinion, DirectAdmin offers great support for DirectAdmin, but don't expect them to support your learning curve.

If DirectAdmin doesn't work as it's supposed to, which sometimes happens as other packages mature over time, DirectAdmin staff will update DirectAdmin to work properly. They'll also help from time to time with hard to understand concepts. And as the industry matures, DirectAdmin will mature with it, supporting features none of us even thught of a few years ago.

But don't expect them to support other packages, which DirectAdmin manages, such as Apache, DNS, exim, etc., though again, they'll make sure DirectAdmin continues to work well with these packages as they mature.

You'll get excellent support on these forums as long as you cooperate as a member, and give us the information we need to help you.

And several of us, incuding my company, offer comprehensive management and support beyond the scope of just managing DirectAdmin itself.

My opinion only.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Busy week. Thanks for your reply. I've found these forums helpful so far and more importantly perhaps information on a specific issues and how to resole it from prior posts. The documentation on help.directadmin.com is robust as well.

I would have to say that DirectAdmin is not exactly on level with the industry as a whole. Not drastically lacking but I'm sure the "to-do" list is considerable. However, for the price it's a super value and easy enough to manage for most users with moderate skill level and It is fast, as they claim which is important to me.

I bought a lifetime license which to be honest I regret as I should have taken the first year at least with support versus the 90 days that I will get. I hope to never need support from them directly but it's nice to know it's there.

I'm happy to be aboard and looking forward to learning more about the system and how to maximize it's potential for my needs.

Bill.

I wish to say the support is good, but my problem have more than 30 views but not a single reply with help... :(

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Busy week. Thanks for your reply. I've found these forums helpful so far and more importantly perhaps information on a specific issues and how to resole it from prior posts. The documentation on help.directadmin.com is robust as well.

I would have to say that DirectAdmin is not exactly on level with the industry as a whole. Not drastically lacking but I'm sure the "to-do" list is considerable. However, for the price it's a super value and easy enough to manage for most users with moderate skill level and It is fast, as they claim which is important to me.

I bought a lifetime license which to be honest I regret as I should have taken the first year at least with support versus the 90 days that I will get. I hope to never need support from them directly but it's nice to know it's there.

I'm happy to be aboard and looking forward to learning more about the system and how to maximize it's potential for my needs.

Bill.

Support is good in quality if you contact them for a problem relating to DA core, and that has immediat solutions.

yet, await :
no support at international hours, (i usually get answer 48 hours after email questions)
no support if you do not manage correctly server administration.
no support on the plugins / intergrations DA may make (awstats ie)
Weak updates and weak support once things get broken because of a community member has mislead you in one of it's core developpements (like custombuild for debian ie).

Yours

I wish to say the support is good, but my problem have more than 30 views but not a single reply with help... :(
The DirectAdmin forums are for community support; they're not the official support channel for DirectAdmin.

If no one answers it's generally because no one knows the answer. Have you checked with DirectAdmin Support?

Jeff

Back