System Resources on Debian vs CentOS

wtfbrb

Verified User
I use xenserver as my hypervisor and I have noticed that all (3) of my centos installs the ram is almost always at 98% but debian lenny is at 5% I have a CentOS mysql db only server and a Debian mysql db only server with similar usage and the same issue. Now to my question...I am thinking about moving my Directadmin to Lenny as well and see if it does the same thing and I wondered if anyone has a similar setup. Also if anyone else has noticed that Centos uses way more resources in vm's.

I use xenserver as my hypervisor and I have noticed that all (3) of my centos installs the ram is almost always at 98% but debian lenny is at 5% I have a CentOS mysql db only server and a Debian mysql db only server with similar usage and the same issue. Now to my question...I am thinking about moving my Directadmin to Lenny as well and see if it does the same thing and I wondered if anyone has a similar setup. Also if anyone else has noticed that Centos uses way more resources in vm's.

Nope, not an issue here. Did you install the XenTools and did you mention the correct dom0_mem in the hypervisior? And, what does a

Code:
free -m

put out on a moment of 98% RAM usage, and how do you know this? top or?

Back