Don't delete this message, internal folder data.

IPaddress

Verified User
Dear all:

I'm experiencing a really strange issue.
A client complains with me because he get every 10 minutes the same email.
DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA

I researched and find out that the email is created by IMAP when you change of using IMAP to POP3 protocol (the most common time is when you go from webmail to for example outlook).

But my client doesn't use webmail, he has a BlackBerry.
But the other email accounts of the client also have bb's, but they don't get the message so often.

could anyone tell me how to prevent this message from coming?
It's really annoying for the client, because of the frequency of the email.

Thanks in advance.

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system
software. If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be
re-created with the data reset to initial values.

The reason:
Using an IMAP client (eg webmail) and a POP client can lead to this message being generated.

The message is automatically created by IMAP clients for internal record keeping and is ignored (not displayed) by most email clients.

You can ignore this message. If this message is downloaded to your desktop via a POP client, you can delete it.
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2377

Last edited:

This text is part of the internal format of your mail folder, and is not
a real message. It is created automatically by the mail system
software. If deleted, important folder data will be lost, and it will be
re-created with the data reset to initial values.

The reason:
Using an IMAP client (eg webmail) and a POP client can lead to this message being generated.

The message is automatically created by IMAP clients for internal record keeping and is ignored (not displayed) by most email clients.

You can ignore this message. If this message is downloaded to your desktop via a POP client, you can delete it.
http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2377

asishlla, I know the reason, and also that I can delete the message, but that isn't my problem.
The problem is that this email arrives to the client mailbox every 10 minutes, during all day.

What I want to know if there is anyway to stop this email, or if someone has a similar issue.

Thanks for your answer

If you're using mbox, switch to Maildir/Dovecot.

Then if you're still getting these messages then they're being triggered by something the Blackberry is doing. In that case you'd need to filter it out either by something special in either exim.conf or in exim.pl, or in the local desktop/laptop client.

Jeff

Back