Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect()

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled

Hi guys,
I'm trying to setup apache v2.2.17 win 32, php v5.2.17 Win32 VC6 and mysql v5.5.10 win 32 on a winxp sp3 computer.
Up till now php is working with well with apache as I write in a .php file
Code:
 <?php phpinfo(); ?> [\code] and this results in the beautiful php information page. 
Mysql runs well alone as I can read and write data from the mysql workbench v5.2.33b win32. I setup the odbc connector v5.1.8 win32.
The problem is with php and mysql. 
I downloaded php_5.2.0_mysql_5.0.27-win32.zip and php_5.2.0_mysqli_5.0.27-win32.zip. I copied both php_mysql.dll and php_mysqli.dll into the php\ext directory and made sure that they are in the php.ini file "extension=php_mysql.dll extension=php_mysqli.dll".
I also copied the libmysql.dll file from the MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\lib directory and put it in the php\ext directory and the windows\system 32 directory.
After doing all of that I still don't see neither the mysql nor the mysqli parts in the phpinfo and when i run any code with the [code] <?php mysql_connect(); ?> [\code] mysql_connect() function i have the error Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in D:\setup\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\sls\ContentManagement\authentication.php on line 20
can anyone help?

This website is for the discussion of issues with running DirectAdmin, a webhosting control panel for Linux and freeBSD based servers.

This thread is now closed.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back