FTP Permissions

inflock

Verified User
Hello;

I have serious problem with the FTP setting in Direct Admin. FTP accounts which created by D.A is not having sufficent permission to uplad files and change chmod for the files and folders. For example in my joomla site i cant setup any module or component or plugin with using FTP account created by direct admin. How can i give the full permission that FTP account can do anything in its folder.

Thanks&Regards.

Attachments

• errorftp.png
    282.1 KB · Views: 219
Hello,

You need to install suphp or mod_ruid2 in order to solve the problem with permissions. Saying in other words, your joomla (and other) php scripts should run with owner's permissions, not apache's.

Search the forum, or use google to find HowTos either for suphp or mod_ruid2 (you should not use them together in one box).

Hello;

I fix this with chown -R user /home/user but i want to learn ... when i create admin it opens a new user to /home/user and the problem is direct admin doesnt give automatic ownership of /home/user folder to that user. If you connect via Cute FTP you can not make any changes with the created account because accounts being created without /home/user ownership by Direct Admin. It is always like this that Direct Admin creating users with the root ownership fot their folder or is it like the problem is in my Direct Admin experiment only?? or the D.A users they all fixing this with SUPHP.

Thanks for the Assistance.

Regards.

Im sure you just screwed up /home/user/imap

Last edited:
@inflock:

As user zEitEr has already written, you'll need to either use suPHP or mod_ruid2 for apache to run php as the user who owns the account, if you want to manage your site with both ftp and with your content management system. Otherwise you're limited to one or the other. This has nothing to do with DirectAdmin; it's simply because your content manager system has only the rights of the apache user and can only create, change, delete files and directories owned by apache, and your ftp login has only the rights of the account owner, and can only create, change, delete files and directories owned by the user. Search these forums for more information on suPHP and for mod_ruid2.

@scsi:
What does any of this have to do with imap?

Jeff

Hello;

@jlasman - @zEitEr

Thanks for the advices. I am looking forum how i can install suphp or modru2 i am going to choose one. With chown -R comment it worked well both content manager and ftp they both can operate without any problem until but for the real solution i am going to install them.

@scsi

Can you explain why i screwed up. If you say or mean something or you have and experiment just wright down that we see and understand.

Thanks&Regards.

Back