RVSitebuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
RVSitebuilder has a version for DirectAdmin and has announced it in our advertising forum, here.

If anyone is already using it, I'd appreciate seeing your comments on your experience.

Thanks.

Jeff

This was not meant to be a discussion of pricing on third-party software pricing, but rather a discussion on the product itself.

Thanks.

Jeff

Issues....

I looked into this years age and the pricing was crazy, today I looked at it and the pricing was great...However, there were a lot of links I clicked that do not work on their site, buggy site is a warning...
I also looked at parelels, their price has also come down a bit (changed)
Also, I will pm the list to you, I forgot!

I've noticed that as well. lthe good news we can try it for a month without investing too much. Again, has anyone been using it?

Jeff

I'd prefer to not use a package maintained by a competing control panel.

And if CPANEL owners said the same thing......................

I PM'd the op that posted about it....still have not received an answer....that's a sure sales prevention technique....if they can't answer a pre-sales question, it really doesn;t matter what they control panel they use.

Thom

And if CPANEL owners said the same thing......................

I PM'd the op that posted about it....still have not received an answer....that's a sure sales prevention technique....if they can't answer a pre-sales question, it really doesn;t matter what they control panel they use.

Thom

I have answered the question in PM, sorry for being late.
I informed that the users must have a web account to work with.

I too....

I too pmed the rvsite builder team both here and from their site, I have never heard back and that was weeks ago.
It is always a great test to contact support.... if you get it before they have your money, you will probably get support later!

I am kind of leaning towards Softaculous and Installatron as I have tried RVSitebuilder in the past with another hosting company and I was not overly thrilled with it. I am looking at it mainly from an end use standpoint

Neither Softaculous nor Installatron are sitebuilders, nor do they appear to offer them. We're still looking for a sitebuilder, to give us more visibility in the marketplace for new webhosting clients, as opposed to getting involved in bidding for new clients to get them to move from where they are now.

Jeff

Customer Loss

One thing to consider is whether or not the customer can take his newly created pages with him to another provider.

If the site builder does not create standalone pages....the customer can't easily leave unless he goes to another provider using the same site builder.

Thom

Point of view..

That is a point of view thing for sure, I personally like the fact you can not take it with you.... I give my customers the sitebuilder free. if I did charge for it I feel that they should be able to take the contents of their site with them.
I was talking with the wisenav guys today, their sitebuilder is pretty good and easy to use but they have got a bit bogged down with finding users and partners.

And do you consider that a plus or a minus, Thom?
:D

Hard to say....but one could use it to convince users of another control panel offering RVSitebuilder you offered a way not to loose their pages.

From the vantage point of controlling customers and locking them in, it may be a good idea....if that's how one likes to do business.

Is the RVSitebuilder for directadmin availability is true? I did followed the thread link, but could not find it.

I bought one license at rvsitebuilder site, and had troubles installing it on my server. But within few days there support help me with remote hand to install the package and it works.
I think they have it really busy at this moment. But the program works now fine on my server.

RVSitebuilder has a version for DirectAdmin and has announced it in our advertising forum, here.

If anyone is already using it, I'd appreciate seeing your comments on your experience.

Thanks.

Jeff

The link quoted no longer works.

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

That being said, I did find a link to it HERE

I read that thread and posted in another that this only works for cpanel now. I can not find anywhere on their website saying that it works with DirectAdmin and the only emails I have received so far are "no it is not supported" by everyone I talk to. To also add to the fact that this bothers me, they are one of the websites out there that I find very frustrating to even try to get an answer from. Their website has no contact information what so ever for anyone that does not have an account. Very unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back