FTP access

Setup1337

Before installing DA, I was able to create an FTP account with any root directory for it using the standard ways. After installing DA however, all accounts that I try to make can't be logged in to FTP with a wrong password error.

I take it that it's because DA is not letting CentOS make FTP accounts from user accounts as usually, which is fine, but I don't see a spot where I could make an FTP account with /etc level privileges. How is that accomplished?

Operating system is CentOS 6.0 x64

DA Server Version 1.40.3

I know, but I need to gain access to /etc category. Right now it only allows me to enter the /home directory, and even in there I can't access the files of some user accounts (permission denied).

I need to change that so that I can access all files of an user as well as the /etc category.

Why don't you just use your FTP client and set it to SFTP and login as root user?

Oh... That did indeed solve that issue. Thanks!

Though I would still like to know how to make an FTP account have a directory in /etc

You can't do that with Directadmin, you probably need to manually update proftpd password file, located in /etc/ directory.

Though I would still like to know how to make an FTP account have a directory in /etc
You really don't want to do it. Because it will pass in the clear a password allowing anyone to make changes to your server's /etc directory.

And on a related note, if you're not logging into DirectAdmin securely using https, you should fix that as well; search these forums.

Jeff

Oh... That did indeed solve that issue. Thanks!

No you don't. SFTP to anything in / or don't do it. Listen and learn. Or at the very least, listen, then investigate why they are telling you what they are telling you.

Back