Help for Exim msg: "retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

fmortara

Verified User
Help for Exim msg: "retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

One of my customer's domain use an external mail server.

from the IP of this server I receive every day tousand of login attempt, and the ip is blocked by firewall.

If a local domain try to send an email to the domain that use the blocked IP, the email is rejected with the error in subject.
"retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

before of the permanent block, the erro is like this: "remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out"
Obviously ths is because the block is just applied...

But, if I allow the IP, deleting the line in the firewall, the login attempt begin immediately, this means that the block is correctly deleted, but if I try to send an email to the domain that use the IP, the send not run and the error is the same as when the ip is blocked.

Why?

Hello,

Do you mean this error "retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period", which comes after you removed the IP from banlist? Or this one "remote_smtp defer (110): Connection timed out"?

And what if you manually do
Code:
telnet mail.remote.server 25
?

And of course I'd suggest finding out why you're getting all those failed login attempts which are causing the IP# to be blocked. My guess is the failure is caused specifically because the IP# is blocked.

What am I missing?

Jeff

Back