smarthost Relay ALL mail (external and internal domains) to External Relay

Vrabble

I've been able to easily setup a relay which routes all external domain emails through our Barracuda and it works seamlessly. One of the benefits of us doing this is that the cuda will encrypt messages on demand into their secure message center so that two parties can exchange sensitive data in a secure encrypted environment.

The problem for us is that server internal domains can't use this feature because their mail is not routing to the external Barracuda relay and only the Barracuda can trigger the encrypted message center invite to another email address. Some domains on the server are in separate geographic areas and they want to be able to do this, yet until I can additionally get the internal domains to route to the external Barracuda then I won't be able to accomplish this.

HERE'S MY ORIGINAL EXIM.CONF RELAY ROUTE PRIOR TO ROUTING TO THE EXTERNAL:
lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
condition = "${perl{check_limits}}"
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

HERE'S MY BARRACUDA FOR EXTERNAL DOMAINS EXIM.CONF RELAY ROUTE:
lookuphost:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * relay.name.server
host_find_failed = defer
no_more

I'VE TRIED THIS TO GET EXIM TO ROUTE ALL MAIL THROUGH THE EXTERNAL BARRACUDA BUT IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ME:

smarthost:
driver = manualroute
route_list = ! +local_domains relayIP#
transport = remote_smtp

I'VE TRIED THIS BUT IT TOO DOES NOT WORK

smarthost:
driver = manualroute
domains = *
transport = remote_smtp
route_data = "relay.name.server"

Help! How can I get all mail, both external and internal domains, to route out to the external relay?

DA User - YES

Do you have a directadmin server?

Thanks for asking.

Most certainly. Have been running DA for many years but have never attempted this external & internal email user smarhost routing concept until now on DA.

The reason for wanting to accomplish it is because the Barracuda encrypted message center is either "on demand" or it's automatic when specific message criteria are met (i.e. SS#, HIPPA Regulations, etc). And since TLS is only secure when data is in motion, and key encrypted exchanges don't automatically delete emails like the Barracuda message center does, we need more control that security procedures are being adhered to - even for internal server users.

DirectAdmin 1.41.1
Compiled on CentOS 5.0 64-bit
Server Version 1.41.1
Processor Speed (MHz) 3723.828
Total Memory 5071824 kB
Apache 2.2.20
Exim 4.76
dovecot 2.0.14

I'VE TRIED THIS TO GET EXIM TO ROUTE ALL MAIL THROUGH THE EXTERNAL BARRACUDA BUT IT DOES NOT WORK FOR ME:

Hello,

How do you define that it is not working? Do you see any related error in /var/log/exim/mainlog? What does it say?
Did you try to specify port of remote server?

Code:
route_list = !+local_domains relayIP::relayPort

Are you sure it isn't changed from default 25? Is your directadmin powered server allowed to connect to remote server on both sides?

Back