Automake 1.13.1 released

ditto

Verified User
Automake 1.13.1 is released, here is the announcement http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2013-01/msg00000.html - the new version is already available in custombuild.

My comments: My previous version in custombuild was Automake 1.11.1. Please note that in Automake 1.11.6 there is a security fix http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2012-07/msg00023.html

Also I noticed that in order to upgrade Automake in custombuild, I first needed Autoconf 2.65 or better, if not I would get a error when doing build. So, to upgrade, simply do this:

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build autoconf
./build automake

Update: I also noticed that after upgrading autoconf and automake, they are now listed in ./build versions , that is new, nice!

Last edited:
Actually im facing a strange issue.

I did update autocnf without problem, but automake give this error:

Code:
configure: error: Autoconf 2.65 or better is required.
Done. Making automake-1.13.1...
Trying to make automake...
GNUmakefile:23: There seems to be no Makefile in this directory.
GNUmakefile:24: You must run ./configure before running 'make'.
GNUmakefile:25: *** Fatal Error.  Stop.

Code:
Latest version of autoconf: 2.68
Installed version of autoconf: 2.68

Any hint?

Regards

Well, just for be clear, on 3 box it worked fine, on other 3 box give this error.

All boxes does use CentOS 5 and 6 64Bit and the problem did appear both on CentOS 5 and CentOS 6

Regards

We use Centos 5 and 6 32-bit and 64bit boxes (4 servers at the moment).
On our servers autoconf and automake was set to yes but it did not update on the update_versions command although the version 1.13.1 tar.gz file was already downloaded on the 14th of January..
However, when updating it the way Ditto described in his post (first autoconf then automake) it updated without any problems.

I suppose that those two new versions make "build versions" work fine, before update in build versions there was no autoconf and automake lines but after update them it did appear ;)

Regards

Hi,

I have the same problem with automake on CentOS 6.3 (64 bit). I updated in the order specified but I still get:

Trying to make automake...
GNUmakefile:23: There seems to be no Makefile in this directory.
GNUmakefile:24: You must run ./configure before running 'make'.
GNUmakefile:25: *** Fatal Error. Stop.

*** The make has failed, would you like to try to make again? (y,n):

autoconf updates fine. I tried to manually run ./configure but get the same issue (of sorts):

configure: error: Autoconf 2.65 or better is required.

Any help on how to solve this?

Thanks

James

Last edited:
A fix for that:
Code:
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

Excellent, thanks for that smtalk!

Code:
./build automake

Works fine after putting /usr/local/bin in $PATH

Is this going to be checked for an fixed if required in future updates, or will it always be required to be done manually?

Jeff

With this update it appear in the "./build versions" command so will get updated automatically with update_versions once avaible a new version.

Regards

Hello,

Thanks for the report.
I've just added it to the build scripts, so it should be automatic from now on:
Code:
#check path for /usr/local/bin
COUNT=`echo "${PATH}" | grep -c /usr/local/bin:`
if [ "${COUNT}" -eq 0 ]; then
        export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
fi
John

With this update it appear in the "./build versions" command so will get updated automatically with update_versions once avaible a new version.

I would also suggest that you do ./build libtool - I just did it, and now also libtool is listed when doing ./build versions

Back