- Add option to disable saving sent mail in Sent folder
- Add user settings to open message view and compose form in new windows
- Option to display attached images as thumbnails below message body
- Allow forwarding of multiple emails
- Add possibility to search in message body only

Complete changelog (0.9-beta, 0.9-rc, 0.9-rc2 and 0.9-stable) here:
http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Changelog

Hello,

Roundcube 0.9.0 requires php 5.3 or higher.

I've just added checked into custombuild 1.1 and 1.2 for this (CB 2.0 doesn't support 5.2)

Since 5.2 is EOL, we won't be adding official workarounds to run an older version of RoundCube...
But you can still manually set
Code:
roundcubemail:0.8.6:
with no md5 after it, in the versions.txt (as the actual RC version is properly checked, as part of the php 5.2 + rc >= 0.9.0 check)

John

hello John

How can i solve the issue now , when i updatet actually ?

can i go back to the 0.8 version ?

regards sk

after editing the versions.txt and build update

comes Skipping roundcubemail tarball, needs more arguments in doclean_old_tarballs().

debbox:/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild# ./build roundcube
cp: `/var/www/html/roundcube/logs' and `/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/logs' are the same file
cp: `/var/www/html/roundcube/temp' and `/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/temp' are the same file
Editing roundcube configuration...
Roundcube 0.9.0 has been installed successfully.
Executing database schema update.

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/bin/update.sh on line 150

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/bin/update.sh on line 157
This instance of Roundcube is up-to-date.

thanks and greets

To go back to 0.8.6, set:
Code:
roundcubemail[COLOR=#333333]:0.8.6:[/COLOR]
in the versions.txt, but don't run ./build update, else your versions.txt will be changed. Then do the ./build roundcube.
Once you have 0.8.6 installed, you can do ./build update, which will overwrite the versions.txt with 0.9.0, but the checks in the build script should prevent the 0.9.0 version from being installed, if you have 5.2.

John

See here, the most recent proof that DirectAdmin is getting more and more amateuristic every day.

We still run PHP 5.2, on 750 DirectAdmin servers. And this morning Roundcube was updated to version 9, despite our custombuild file clearly says PHP 5.2.

We are now working full time to downgrade, contact all customers and answer all complaints.

Thank you DirectAdmin.

"was updated" ?!? WHO making automatic upgrades knowing that have old software? :D

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issues, unfortunately, there was a window of time where we didn't know that 5.3 was required, before the check was added to custombuild.
Even now, it's not terribly clear that 5.3 is even needed.
I've scoured the RoundCube change-logs, and it makes no mention of required php versions.
Even the requirements page says 5.2.1 is required, which is incorrect, eg:
PHP version 5.2.1 or greater with
  • PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions)
  • Session support
  • Socket support
our test boxes mainly use 5.3 and 5.4, as 5.2 went end-of-life on Jan 6, 2011, so it wasn't noticed during the testing (we recommend using actively supported software, when at all possible).

Regardless, it happened, and we're sorry for your troubles... new software often doesn't like old software.

John

Updated fine on CentOS 6.4 with PHP 5.3. I did get a couple of warnings though, because I have system() disabled in my php.ini:

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/bin/update.sh on line 150
Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/bin/update.sh on line 157

When running update.sh manually I got this:

Code:
[root@web bin]# ./update.sh
PHP Warning:  require_once(/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/installer/rcube_install.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/bin/update.sh on line 25
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/installer/rcube_install.php' (include_path='/var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/program/lib:.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /var/www/html/roundcubemail-0.9.0/bin/update.sh on line 25

Anything to worry about? Roundcube seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
Hello,

Running the update.sh manually will fail, since the installer directory has already been deleted by DA after the update.

As for the Warning, the "system" is likely in the disable_functions in the php.ini.
What I've done is added a regex just before the update.sh is called, to swap:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env php
with
Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/php -n
where the -n diables the use of the php.ini, so the update.sh is free to use system().

Checking the update.sh code, the system call is used to update the database, and re-index the contacts list.
Not likely the end of the world if it's not run but likely best to have it updated.

The fix has been uploaded on files1, so once it's synced to the other files servers, then you should be able to:
Code:
./build update
./build roundcube
again so that the update.sh gets run and makes those 2 missing system() calls.

John

I suggest you to downgrade back to 0.8.6 since actually there is a view problem with internet explorer.

Also the downgrade options apparently doenst work, on build roundcube it use the 0.9.0 version and reupdate the versions.txt aswell

EDIT. autover=no fix this, but is roundcubemail:0.8.6 not roundcube:0.8.6

Regards

Last edited:
mmmh, i did made a test on another server (with just different OS and cache system) and it work..

On one of my server i do have this an error on IE (attached screen).

Working system: CentOS 6.4 64Bit, APC cache system
Not Working system: CentOS 5.8 64Bit, eAccelerator cache system

Apache/MySQL/PNG Lib all the same versions on both (did all updates last night since now are showed in build versions).

As you can see, neither the email list is showed...

screenshot_roundcube.jpg

Regards

Well, IE is a horrible browser. However, you did not tell us what IE version you was running? It should be the latest IE version available for your windows version, if not, you can't expect it to work correctly. Edit: Also, maybe it is related to cache, it could have cached some of the css og js files from before the upgrade. So make sure you clean IEs cache completely.

Last edited:
I did clear Cache, and appeared in IE 10 and 9. Did just notice cause one of my customer noticed me this... i use FF and i did noticed issue on his call until he noticed that on his FF it was working fine.

Also, it is not IE related actually, since on two different server same roundcube version (0.9.0) work on one and not on the other..

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Regards

If there is a small difference on the server side it's possible IE will stop functioning where another browser still continues to function properly.

If your only difference between a working and not working server is eAccelerator, maybe try disabling that to see if that causes it?

It all works fine here without any opcode cache.

Well i would but i cant put again the newer version cause is a production system, we should that live (maybe msn/skype?) in the evening when most of the customers (most offices) will not need to work with webmail.

Regards

Back