Error Installing DA on Debian 7.2 64-bit

SitesTen

Verified User
Hello,

Although I'm a regular DA user I joined the forum just now. I'm looking for the Debian 7 release from quite some time and today I realized that there is a BETA available. So far so good. Unfortunately I'm not able to install it on a freshly installed Debian 7.2 (64-bit). Any help is appreciated. The error I get during the installation is:

Extracting mysql-5.6.14.tar.gz ...
cmake: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by cmake)
cmake: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so.2)
cmake: /usr/local/lib/libz.so.1: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so.2)
cmake: relocation error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxml2.so.2: symbol gzopen64, version ZLIB_1.2.3.3 not defined in file libz.so.1 with link time reference
Done. Making mysql-5.6.14...
Trying to make mysql-5.6.14...
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

Hello,

Did you use CustomBuild 2.0 with all default options?

I've just updated CustomBuild 1.2 and 2.0 to discourage updating MySQL at install time.. it's one of the harder items to compile, hence the install completely aborts if that fails.

Also CustomBuild 2.0 will not install libz at all. It relies on the apt-get packages, which is safe.
CB 1.2 still does install it, hence CB 2.0 is better if you can.
Somewhat releated to the libz issue: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=372
http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=43000&page=2

---

In any case, try setting:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build set mysql_inst no
cd ../scripts
./install.sh

John

Please apologize about my late reply.

I'm using Custom Build 1.2. I just tried fresh installation once again on Debian 7.2 64-bit and the same happened once again.

Executing the command you suggested made installation successful.

Thank you. I hope it will be fixed with the installation soon.

For the newer OS's, use the newer build systems.
If you re-install, use CustomBuild 2.0 with all the default options.

John

I got this error when installing DA on Debian 7.2 64-bit.

Cannot find /usr/local/bin/php
Please recompile php with custombuild, eg:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build all d

After ./build all d still got the same message.:(

What is the message that "./build all d" gives you? It should be an aborted compile.
Paste us the last 3 pages of output from the build command.

John

replay

For the newer OS's, use the newer build systems.
If you re-install, use CustomBuild 2.0 with all the default options

Back