mysql using 400mb plus of memory on clean install of DA

westoz

Verified User
I have completed a fresh install of DA on a debian 7 linode with 1gb of ram I am seeing the memory usage for mysql at around 450mb, if i restart mysql it returns to the same levels any advice on what might be causing this or what I can do to work out the issue would be appreciated . I have another linode running debian 6 and mysql usage hovers around 60mb that linode is hosting around 15 sites . Thanks

Hello,

If you have not yet modified MySQL defaults, then you probably need to do it. Check and compare /etc/my.cnf on the both servers, and versions of MySQL you are running there.

it looks like i have found the reason for the high memory, i found a post on the net that spoke about the performance_schema and how it is enabled in versions 5.6 and 5.7 of mysql but not on 5.5 i am running 5.6 on the debian 7 linode and 5.5 on the debian 6 linode so i disabled it via my.cnf and now the vps is only using around 40mb .

Hello Alex thanks for your reply i was posting at the same time, both my.cnf are the same and are the default for the directadmin install they only contain 2 lines well one is 2 lines and the other 3 now. Can you recommend a link to further tune mysql ?

Darren

Last edited:
I mentioned to compare MySQL versions, as different MySQL versions might have different defaults. That's what you've found out already.

Back