PHP-FPM & Apache 2.4.9 production

gsdiradmin

Verified User
Hello,

on this forum we have a lot of threads about problems with php-fpm & apache. I think we have only 2 ways to make this project clear to all.

1. migrating from old system (fastcgi, suphp etc...)
if you migrate from system above you have to check: 1. custom user config 2. custom templates 3. chattr locks 4. custom php configuration 5. limitation check
In my experience is best to have dev server (we have it) and simulate production enviroments. For my luckwe have big cluster vmware servers with storage system and we can simulate different scenario.
When migrating always remove custom templates or refresh it with new one + add changes to new templates.

2. fresh install
with fresh install there is no much to say. You can install it from scratch and define system by your needs. There is always a performance limitation. Custombuild provide you with stable solution and default configuration. But there is always room for more.

Custommization
Today we move to php-fpm without major problems. We have some situations because of the custom templates and webmail subdomains. But that is all. All systems are working fast and reliable with much less resources. So in the end of the day testing, testing and more testing. There will always be some things to resolve because there is no such thing as install by the book.

I will let you know have production servers are working and if anyone has some question just bring it on.

Back