Exim 4.83 released

After update i got in panic.log
Code:
2014-07-23 11:14:35 1X9sd4-0003Vj-3H == [email][email protected][/email] R=virtual_user T=virtual_localdelivery defer (-25): failed to expand headers_add or headers_remove while writing to tmp/1406106875.H815607P13509.server.xxxxx.xx: missing } at end of string

And mail dont come in. Please any suggestion how to deal with that or it is possible to downgrade exim to previous version? How?

-------------------
Ok. I know te reason. In my exim.conf I`ve line after virtual_localdelivery section:
Code:
headers_add = "${if def:h_X-DirectAdmin-Sender:{Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n}}"

It` depend on change log in exim 4.83
Code:
Items in headers_remove lists must now have any embedded list-separators doubled.

How to adjust my headers_add to be compatible with exim 4.83?

Last edited:
If custombuild isn`t ready for this why new version is in build?

BTW How to downgrade exim to previous version?

I have upgraded to Exim 4.83 and don't have any problems, it works correct. I am running exim.conf 2.1.2 if it matters.

Same here, updated CentOS 6.5 to Exim 4.83 using exim.conf 2.1.2 and exim.pl 17 with custombuild 1.2 and have no issues so far.

I can't update it using ./build update_versions it show the following error

gcc tls.c
In file included from tls.c:99:
tls-openssl.c: In function 'tls_client_start':
tls-openssl.c:1667: error: 'TLSEXT_STATUSTYPE_ocsp' undeclared (first use in this function)
tls-openssl.c:1667: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
tls-openssl.c:1667: error: for each function it appears in.)
In file included from tls.c:100:
tlscert-openssl.c: In function 'asn1_time_copy':
tlscert-openssl.c:126: warning: passing argument 2 of 'ASN1_TIME_print' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
make[1]: *** [tls.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/exim-4.83/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [all] Error 2

chrisyung, what's your OS? Have you installed/updated openssl on the system from a 3rd party?

@Magician
Change line with headers_add to
Code:
headers_add = ${if def:h_X-DirectAdmin-Sender: {Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit}}

I tested it and it works.

@Magician
Change line with headers_add to
Code:
headers_add = ${if def:h_X-DirectAdmin-Sender: {Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"\nContent-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit}}

I tested it and it works.

Works for me too, thank you very much! :)

Back