Welcome emails

LawsHosting

Verified User
FR: SMTP option for welcome emails

Ok, recently I've moved my business email to Google Apps - reasons were mainly to do with SPF/DKIM but.......

Since I've been on GA, I've noticed that the duplicate welcome emails go straight to spam... I'm a bit dubious whether the originals are going in there too for Gmail/Hotmail/etc...

Ideally, DA needs a (optional) feature to use an auth'd SMTP server, not sure if this will totally fix the issue though.....

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Since I've been on GA, I've noticed that the duplicate welcome emails go straight to spam... I'm a bit dubious whether the originals are going in there too for Gmail/Hotmail/etc...

Do you have SPF records pointing to your server?

Ideally, DA needs a (optional) feature to use an auth'd SMTP server, not sure if this will totally fix the issue though.....

Sounds good.

Do you have SPF records pointing to your server?
Well, I have SPF's for outgoing mail yes..... but as my servers hostnames are all xxx.mydomain, not sure how SPF would work seeing as the SPF IP is that of Google Apps now?

I add multiple IPs to my SPF record with all my server's IPs right??

Last edited:
You probably need to have SPF record pointing to DA server for your hostnames (xxx.mydomain) as well as for mydomain.com if you send emails from DA server with PHP scripts using [email protected] as FROM address.

Unless I'm missing spomething you can have multiple authorized servers listed in your single spf (txt) record.

Jeff

Back