What about mysql in centos 7?

WebyHosting

Verified User
After more than a six mounth without using directadmin went back to try it.
(Because they are staying very outdated compared to the rest of the panels.)
I run into the problem of bug custobmiuld nginx.
Now it seems that the bug is already fixed the installer NGINX.

I installed directadmin and I see that mysql DOES NOT WORK.

I have reinstalled the server more than 7 times with different options ... and still have the same problem.

Code:
Cannot find the script
Details
/etc/init.d/mysqld

Cannot find the script
Details
/etc/init.d/dovecot
What about mysql in centos 7?

Previously this did not happen in directadmin.

what is happening with directadmin?

It seems that directadmin is almost dead ...
I liked it earlier ...
and before I've used it on all my servers ...
now I only use DirectAdmin in my test servers.

There are some changes planned? Or is the end ??

Hello,

I'll try to answer your questions shortly:
1) Please check http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=49676. DA support for CentOS7 is currently beta. More about "beta": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Beta.
2) To start MySQL (MariaDB) & Dovecot, please use the commands specified in the forum thread, which is mentioned in #1. To start MySQL (MariaDB) & Dovecot, please use:
Code:
systemctl start mysqld.service
systemctl start dovecot.service
3) Make sure your license is set to "CentOS 7", not "CentOS 6". If you don't have your license set to "CentOS 7", you are going to experience problems/
4) If you notice any bugs, that's what "CentOS 7" forum is for :) To get all "BETA" support issues solved.

Also, it would be nice to know why you say it is outdated (with details), so that the things could get improved. Thank you and good luck! :)

Hello,

Also, it would be nice to know why you say it is outdated (with details), so that the things could get improved. Thank you and good luck! :)

Thanks for answering. I will try again to Install Directadmin.

DirectAdmin stayed in php basics ... there are no limits on emails per hour ... etc. .. and many settings
Since most control panels now have support minimum for ruby on rails and also for python django etc ....

From my point of view DirectAdmin is staying in the past.

Until the licenses are managed manually ...

Code:

Code:
Job for mysqld.service failed. See 'systemctl status mysqld.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

--->>

systemctl status mysqld.service -l
mysqld.service - MySQL database server
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mysqld.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2014-08-29 11:37:17 CEST; 36s ago
  Process: 19356 ExecStartPost=/usr/libexec/mysql-wait-ready $MAINPID (code=exited, status=217/USER)
  Process: 19355 ExecStart=/usr/bin/mysqld_safe --basedir=/usr (code=exited, status=217/USER)
 Main PID: 19355 (code=exited, status=217/USER)

Aug 29 11:37:17 vps86602.net systemd[19355]: Failed at step USER spawning /usr/bin/mysqld_safe: No such process
Aug 29 11:37:17 vps86602.net systemd[19356]: Failed at step USER spawning /usr/libexec/mysql-wait-ready: No such process
Aug 29 11:37:17 vps86602.net systemd[1]: mysqld.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=217/USER
Aug 29 11:37:17 vps86602.net systemd[1]: mysqld.service: control process exited, code=exited status=217
Aug 29 11:37:17 vps86602.net systemd[1]: Failed to start MySQL database server.
Aug 29 11:37:17 vps86602.net systemd[1]: Unit mysqld.service entered failed state.

Code:
systemctl start dovecot.service

-------->
Failed to issue method call: Unit dovecot.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll try to keep things clear for the future then :) For CentOS 7 installations, please set the license to be CentOS 7 in https://www.directadmin.com/clients, otherwise it's going to have problems (the same could be said for using Debian license on CentOS, or FreeBSD on Debian). Thank you for your input.

From your code I just saw that MySQL and Dovecot were not installed on the system at all. If the license was really set to CentOS 7, I think John could have answered all of the questions, if he had logins to the box. I could have done that free of cost also :) "/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin o" shows which OS binaries are compiled for.

Back