unknown directive "flv" in xx

dmacleo

Verified User
when I was running straight nginx I had this loaded and added to the custom conf file, worked fine.
presently I am trying to run nginx_proxy only and all the conf files keep getting rewritten with this module added, manually deleting and restarting nginx works UNTIL rewrite confs is run for any reason.
cannot see how to NOT call this module as nginx proxy doesn't allow us to edit the ngix conf file, although it would be nice to.

going to set back to straight nginx, see if its then listed in conf section and delete it.

yeah for some reason its trying to add modules I had used prior that no longer exist on server and are NOT in the build file.
need to see what is telling CB to build the user conf files with these modules

If you have it in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf, please check /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom and "lsattr /etc/nginx/nginx.conf". If you have it in any other file, please check lsattr for that file and "Custom HTTPd Configuration" on DA admin level.

thats just it, I didn't have it in any file I edited and all custom httpd were blank.
I actually deleted the whole ngix directory and all user/nginx.conf files before I reinstalled nginx.
and it wanted to load nginx_pagespeed which I had not used for a long time.
swapped back to apache for now while I look through files.

the issues showed in the user/nginx.conf files the etc/nginx/ngix.conf file was clean

yeah I am stumped, Martynas would you be around sometime wednesday to take a quick look?
I can afford to have it offline a bit tomorrow if you wanted to set it to nginx_proxy and see the errors.

yeah I am stumped, Martynas would you be around sometime wednesday to take a quick look?
I can afford to have it offline a bit tomorrow if you wanted to set it to nginx_proxy and see the errors.

Yes, I could check it free of charge. I am sure you have custom config somewhere (most likely setup from DA interface, like I mentioned in my previous post).

Did you check custom code for nginx at admin level?

Related: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=1613
yes, even though I had never actually added any I did verify that too. however to be sure I will check that again.

Yes, I could check it free of charge. I am sure you have custom config somewhere (most likely setup from DA interface, like I mentioned in my previous post).

I'll touch base with you today with access details, I just cannot seem to find anything.

the file contains calls to the modules that are not included in the build statement.
if I delete those call manually and restart nginx its fine, if I do a rewrite_conf the calls get added back (causing nginx to not start) in even though there is nothing telling nginx to build it with those modules.
for example the conf file will contain block for mp4 module even though the nginx build file is NOT calling for that to be compiled. so of course it fails conf test and won't start.
its as if the system is building the user conf files from an older compile setting and not honoring the new one. I could easily build it with those modules if I wanted and it would work on my end, the issue really is why is it redoing the files like this.
presently Iam searching server for anything containing the word nginx and deleting those files.
so far all I had (except for some stuff in a user ftp directory) was one empty directory in /tmp.

You should check crontab, as if you used before a 3rd party plugin (well known on these forums), then it set a crontask to create virtual hosts for nginx.

nothing there, had already thought of that even though when I had that installed it did rebuild it always rebuilt correctly according the the nginx build file.
these are getting written to include items nginx was not compiled with.
and it only started happening over last week or so too. had not made the timing connection before but this was not an issue a few days ago.
only change was I updated to the DA 146 RC the day I first saw this happening.

May you please post the output of:
Code:
ls /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/domains/*cust_nginx

[root@sv1 ~]# ls /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*/domains/*cust_nginx
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*****/domains/******.com.cust_nginx
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*******/domains/********.com.cust_nginx
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*****/domains/*****.net.cust_nginx
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/*****/domains/*****.cust_nginx

heres the thing, I have manually deleted these files multiple times before.
they keep showing up though and are the domains in question.
I have an idea though, I am not sure I deleted these at correct time and very well MAY have had them in place when they would have needed to not be there.
deleting through shell this time (I used filezilla last 3 times) and will be testing shortly.
I should have answer in 30 minutes or so.

Do you see anything with

Code:
grep nginx -i /etc/cron* -R
?

Code:
grep nginx -i -R /var/spool/cron/
?

deleting through ssh fixed that issue now another when trying to proxy nginx

nginx: [emerg] unexpected end of file, expecting ";" or "}" in /etc/nginx/directadmin-ips.conf:62

Last edited:
I'll mess with that one later and start a new thread on it, the ips.conf file is odd looking compared to older one I had sitting here.

Back