[Free Plugin] Skin selector for Directadmin

zEitEr

Super Moderator
The plugin made by us allows Directadmin users to switch between various skins of the hosting panel installed on Directadmin powered server both from a standart collection and a reseller's private collection.

As an admin you can change its settings; upload previews for skins and modify descriptions; hide any skin or even disable collections.

As a reseller you may build your own set of skins, just hide any of skins you don't want your users to be able to select.

We are pleased to share it with you.

It has stylish design and multi-language support. This is a FREE plugin.

Features:

Admin may:

• upload previews for serverwide templates/skins
  • set any serverwide skin as hidden (hidden skins are not shown at user level of the plugin)
  • set and change short description of a serverwide skin
  • change plugins settings: hide/unhide standart collections (serverwide skins), hide/unhide private collections (resellers` skins), disable/enable plugin logs
  • see plugins logs
  • enable/disable plugin per user or per user's package bases

Reseller may:

• upload previews for private templates/skins
  • set allowed serverwide skins as hidden (hidden skins are not shown at user level of the plugin)
  • set private skins as hidden (hidden skins are not shown at user level of the plugin)
  • set and change short description of a private skin
  • enable/disable plugin per user or per user's package bases

User may:

• see a list of serverwide skins.
  • see a list of private skins (it's a collection created by a reseller).
  • choose any from allowed skins

Requires DirectAdmin: v.1.453 and newer, JavaScripts enabled.

Supported Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu

Licensed under GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE

The plugin does not include any skin.

Download link: http://files.plugins-da.net/dl/da_skin_selector.tar.gz

Homepage: https://www.plugins-da.net/workshop/skin-selector-for-directadmin

Attachments

• scr_admin_01.jpg
    scr_admin_01.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,411
  • scr_reseller_01.jpg
    scr_reseller_01.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 899
  • scr_user_01.jpg
    scr_user_01.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 838
Last edited:
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!
this is one of the best, excellent workmanship, real professional and Im lovin it :)
this sort of plugin should (I hope) get the skinners out and make some nice 'affordable' skins then admin and resellers can add this to the features of why they are a better choice for providing hosting, not only using the best webhost control panel, But Now everyone gets to pick their choice of the skin thy like best
Alex, You are Truly Talented !!!!!!

PS, if I all Jeff's money :) I would be trying to hire you full time lol

PS, if I all Jeff's money :) I would be trying to hire you full time lol
All the money I have, or all the money I owe the tax man :D ?

I only wish I could afford to hire you, Alex, Andrea, Martynas, etc. !

Jeff

the skin selector works just great! but Im getting a little interference from css depending on what skin is installed when using the Skin Selector, so a way to make the plugin not rely on other skins css to display the page?... maybe???
here are 2 screen shots, one is the enhanced skin and the other is the New DA_FREE_Glass when under the selector area
you can see that hovering will cause the skin name to disappear and on the other skin, its sort of running over top the one under...

enhancedSkinSelector.png
DA-FREE-GLASS-SkinSelector.png

I hope I didnt sound as if I was complaining... :(... Im not
but as skins are created I see some interference with css or fonts that cause a bit of troubles, Not sure of what answer would be best, and its not just the skin selector but other pages like configsys firewall that when displayed are mixing styles and the page becomes a blurred font that makes ya think you may have drunk a bit too much :)
so what to do?
let the plugin over ride the skin css?, use a default common css? , drop all other styling and let the skin have complete control?
I dont really know the answer.
I also have communicated with the dugalex with what happens with some pages when using the cool DA-Glass skin.
Hoping that together we can find the best solution.... :)

Hi Alex,

We are experiencing some problems when testing 'Skin Selector' with our skin CyberAdmin. Our skin includes jQuery and this interfere with the jQuery included with 'Skin Selector' plugin. After set jQuery in non conflict mode in your plugin the CyberAdmin skin can show the 'Skin Selector Manager' panel correctly.

Many javascripts libraries use '$' as a function or variable name, so, setting this alias with a different name prevents you from conflicts with javascript in the skin side.

As AndyII reports we are experiencing the same problems with the css in 'Skin Selector' with CyberAdmin skin, and our solution was to create some specific styles to correct the output.

I hope that it will be of help to you!

Regards.

Thank You for correcting that :)

in another project I work with js got to be a major problem so the authors started using
The register and enqueue functions to load javascript and css files. The reason they where added is because many plugins make use of javascript frameworks such as JQuery, JQuery-ui, and fancybox just to name a few. There is a high chance that these javascript files could be loaded multiple times and that is where the enqueue functions come into play. The enqueue functions help to reduce the chances of the same file getting loaded more than once wrecking havoc on your site.

Hello,

More or less it's clear for me now. Thank you for your reports and tips. Good to learn new things, I was not aware of No-Conflict Mode of jQuery. I'll see what can be done here.

Actually i see it has clear direction. But i am confused is it works good for my skin ?

Finally I've found time to check the issues.

here are 2 screen shots, one is the enhanced skin and the other is the New DA_FREE_Glass when under the selector area
you can see that hovering will cause the skin name to disappear and on the other skin, its sort of running over top the one under...

That strange appearance is caused by:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

you can find it in header.html and if you change it to

Code:
<!-- DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd" //-->

then DIVs come back to their places. I don't know a solution yet, the Transitional [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]doctype used in the skins and CSS used on the plugin's pages are not compatible.[/FONT]

Do you have any idea on how to solve it?

p.s. What doctype does CyberAdmin skin use?

Hmm, I'll have to look into it as well. I based it on enhanced skin and only changed the design around. Now I see that doctype line isn't in the latest "enhanced" one so how or why I had to use it I can't remember.

One thing I do know is when I change that line in the template or remove it entirely the text becomes huge and changing the text size does nothing (at least at my end). I was gonna look at all this already but was way to busy the last few weeks. When I get some free time I'll check it out.

I'll play with it this weekend hopefully.

Regards,
Alex

Last edited:
I searched Cyber admin, only one file has any reference to this
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
in login/login.html
and like you noted for DA only one found is in header.html
and I am assuming is because you actually commented it out?

so now what is the real importance? and why in different places?

The <!DOCTYPE> declaration must be the very first thing in your HTML document, before the <html> tag.

The <!DOCTYPE> declaration is not an HTML tag; it is an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML the page is written in.

In HTML 4.01, the <!DOCTYPE> declaration refers to a DTD, because HTML 4.01 was based on SGML. The DTD specifies the rules for the markup language, so that the browsers render the content correctly.

HTML5 is not based on SGML, and therefore does not require a reference to a DTD.

Tip: Always add the <!DOCTYPE> declaration to your HTML documents, so that the browser knows what type of document to expect.

and as dugalex has noted, DA no longer has reference to DOCTYPE

Last edited:
All the recently reported issues with CSS and jQuery should be fixed now in the new release. Please give it a try:

Version 0.9 released on 10.03.2015

Just Updated and Yes, seems all is well :)
Thank You Again for such a great Plugin !!

Excellent news for me. I don't have to change the skin :)
I don't like leaving it up to the browser to chose the way it displays stuff and I do like it to work with all browsers. The css would have been way smaller if I didn't have to include the code for all the browsers people use or if all browsers understood the same code.

Last edited:
Version 0.10 released on 13.12.2015

• Added feature to enable/disable plugin per user or per user's package bases at admin/reseller level via Directadmin interface, i.e. edit user's or package details

Based on http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=479

NO MANUAL actions are required to utilize the feature. With the plugin update the feature will be enabled. All users will be allowed to use the plugin by default, you will need only update your hosting packages or user's details if you want to disable the plugin for some of them.

i get

Code:
Unable to write plugin data for da_skin_selector during the install

is this fixable?

Back