Passing away of forum moderator "nobaloney"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just now finding out about Jeff's passing away. I had spoken to Jeff numerous times in the past 10 years. Extremely intelligent, warm-hearted and always there to lend a hand to anyone. On behalf of all of my employees and company I want to thank you my friend for all of our conversations and help you've given us. We'll never forget you. I hope you had a good life overall.

He was truly a great guy. It seems so strange now whenever my phone rings thinking it might be Jeff and how I miss those long conversations with him now more than ever.

O'man. Just saw the announcement..didn't know. Even though that there is no death, just a transition, then it hurts anyway from our perspective. Death is like blinking of the eyes, it's just natural and like waking up from a dream. It's like coming home, so dear Jeff please have a wonderful time there and enjoy your new freedom. There are endless opportunities there and you can learn even more about technology and alike, if you want. Heck you can even check out this forum from time to time :) ... aahh just kidding. Death to me if not something horrible and scary, cause I was there not so long time ago, but I had to come back. So, dear Jeff I know that you are fine and thriving. Thank you for all your help and your insights, you made our lives easier. You always answered our questions fast, efficiently and to the point. I wish you fun and happiness on your path. Cya.

I just learned also. It was quite a shock. When a community needs him like we did, I didn't figure it was possible for him to just up and die like that. He was supposed to get old, senile, and become a burden for people before that happens. I know why he didn't answer my post now.

He was supposed to get old, senile, and become a burden for people before that happens. I know why he didn't answer my post now.

He was 70, but you could tell the years were catching up with him in a big way. His last couple of years he really had a hard time walking any appreciable distance

Very late into this topic, but I've been away from the board myself for sometime.
Jeff was my champion here. Back in 2006 he helped me setup my first server with Whitebox 3.0 (yes.. there was such a distribution).
We spent lots of hours on the phone in those days talking about sometimes his beliefs/religions views etc.
He was a very well versed person.
I have not spoken with him in the past couple of years, but I did follow up on some of his forum commentaries.

Rest in Peace Jeff, I'll always have good memories of you.

-Sup.

I recall one of my conversations with him back around 2011 and I was bit stressed out about some personal issues and he asks me if I read the Bible which I do and he makes mention of how it is written in places the statement "it came to pass" and then he chimes in with "never does it say anywhere that it came to stay" which was his way of reminding me that this too shall pass. He had a way of helping me to keep things in perspective.

Very late into this topic, but I've been away from the board myself for sometime.
Jeff was my champion here. Back in 2006 he helped me setup my first server with Whitebox 3.0 (yes.. there was such a distribution).
We spent lots of hours on the phone in those days talking about sometimes his beliefs/religions views etc.
He was a very well versed person.
I have not spoken with him in the past couple of years, but I did follow up on some of his forum commentaries.

Rest in Peace Jeff, I'll always have good memories of you.

-Sup.

I just saw this thread today. Sorry to hear about Jeff. We talked a few times via Skype on some DA stuff a couple years back. He seemed like a great guy, both on the phone and here.

RIP Jeff, I spoke with him a few times on the phone years ago, he sure liked to talk, and a wealth of information too! A big loss to this community, he was a great help to many.

I can't believe I didn't see this before now. Back when I started American Web Host in the late 90's Jeff was a great help to me. Very sad to hear of his passing.

I've got shock when I heard this news.
I'm sad that we've lost a good colleague.

I read this a few months ago, and I was very saddened by reading about the passing of Jeff.

He LOVED what he did, not just the helping of others on the forum, but, to me, people in general.

He never spoke down to those who were just learning the ropes, nor was he ever condescending when those who (like me back then and even now) was trying to learn the in's and out's of maintaining a webserver, or enhancing their experience as a server admin.

R.I.P Jeff and your memory will live on for those of us who were lucky enough to the touched by your helpful spirit.

Almost 2 years have passed since Jeff departed and I have learned just how much he contributed to DirectAdmin. Since than, almost of all my searches for problems I encountered brought back results that have his signature.
In the past 2 years I have reached out a few times and got no usable answers, the forum has become my very last resort, where it once was my first.
The lack of people that have the knowledge or the will to assist in the forum coupled with the popularity of database intense websites, I am going to look for a replacement for directadmin that will give enterprise level support from the programmers and enable me to run separate servers for various resources.
While "paid" support is offered by most of you, I seem to encounter issues as most of you that offer paid support tend to outsource this to someone that does not even come close to getting the problem solved.
While every community has their problems, this one seems to have no sense of direction and a group of people that see it as a means to further their bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back