Resolve 500 Internal Server Error ?

gabrielemusu

Hello,

I can not resolve this problem for two days. Please help me!

When I try to visit my Wordpress page (www.mysite.com/wp-admin/), it appears a page that says this:

"

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2 Server at goodsforwatches.com Port 80

"

I asked to the assistance of my hosting and they told there is a problem with the " .htaccess file " .

But I am not expert, I really have not any ideas about resolve this problem!

Please, Does someone know how to resolve this problem?

Thank you all for yours kindness!

Gabriele

are you using php-fpm ?? if so manually restart it

You should check your error logs. I'm sure something in there will point you to in the right direction.
If you don't have access to your error logs, and your host says it's caused by your .htaccess file, you best might post the content of that file here so somebody can have a look if it indeed contains errors.

With the current information (or rather lack on information) we can 't help you, because 500 errors can have various causes.

You need check Apache error.log file what it says.

Usually:

Code:
/var/log/httpd/domains/mysite.com.error.log

please check your htaccess file .
rename your htaccess file and test your website

Regards

Back