after dovecot upgrade strange versions readout

roly

Verified User
hi

i upgraded dovecot on my centos box, and i'm getting a strange readout when i check for any newer versions. its says:

Dovecot 2.2.20 (46a35dcdb936) to 2.2.20 update is available.

i've tried downgrading dovecot and then upgrading again which went fine, but when i run ./build versions it still shows the above.

does any one have any ideas how i can fix this?

any advice appreciated.

roland

I believe the current dovecot version on the directadmin servers is from dec. 7, but 2.2.21 is already released so we might get another update very soon then fixes the current issue with the versionnumber.

I upgraded to dovecot 2.2.20 not long ago without getting that version problem. Also I see now that Dovecot 2.2.21 is available in files1:

Code:
Latest version of dovecot: 2.2.21
Installed version of dovecot: 2.2.20

Dovecot 2.2.20 to 2.2.21 update is available.

So the mirrors might not be all synced yet. Maybe you should try to set files1 in options.conf and try again?

I upgraded to dovecot 2.2.20 not long ago without getting that version problem. Also I see now that Dovecot 2.2.21 is available in files1:

Code:
Latest version of dovecot: 2.2.21
Installed version of dovecot: 2.2.20

Dovecot 2.2.20 to 2.2.21 update is available.

So the mirrors might not be all synced yet. Maybe you should try to set files1 in options.conf and try again?

Great!

I'll just wait until sunday ;)

At 11:30pm (well, over here that is) on Saterday it would very unwise to start fiddling on our serverpark :)

Hmm, didn't fix it:

Now I keep getting:

Dovecot 2.2.21 (5345f22) to 2.2.21 update is available.

Not on all servers tho...

Either the versions.txt should include the patchnumber like " (5345f22)" or the check in the buildscript should exclude the part after the version number. I think the first option is better to support patches in the same versions.

Last edited:
I have multiple VPSes running DA. On some the 2.2.20 update went fine, others where still stuck on "Dovecot 2.2.20 (46a35dcdb936) to 2.2.20 update is available." message after updating.
Today the 2.2.21 update went fine one one more VPS but some other VPSes are now stuck on "Dovecot 2.2.21 (5345f22) to 2.2.21 update is available."

Wich version of custombuild are you using? I've only seen this with version 1.1.

Those with this issue run 1.1 indeed. I'm too chicken to try upgrading custombuild to 2.0 on production servers.

Same problem here.

I have some scripting bases on the outcome of build update and buikd versions.
However it seems that for Dovecot tis is not working any more as stated above.

Is there a solution available?

Same problem here as well.

Though when updating I get the following errors:

Restarting dovecot.
Shutting down dovecot:
Starting dovecot: doveconf: Error: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_login_settings.so: Module is for different ABI version 2.2.ABIv17(2.2.18) (we have 2.2.ABIv20(2.2.21))
doveconf: Error: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libmanagesieve_settings.so: Module is for different ABI version 2.2.ABIv17(2.2.18) (we have 2.2.ABIv20(2.2.21))
doveconf: Error: Couldn't load plugin /usr/lib/dovecot/settings/libpigeonhole_settings.so: Module is for different ABI version 2.2.ABIv17(2.2.18) (we have 2.2.ABIv20(2.2.21))Done!

Machine: Debian 7 x64, native, no vps

Last edited:
CustomBuild 1.1 is very old and we don't update it much any more.
A simple solution is to flip over to CB 1.2, if you can't jump to 2.0.
Version 1.2 is updated more frequently, and I believe it does have the dovecot version fix.
1.2 is essentially the same idea as 1.1, but has different defaults, so existing installs should notice any version difference to what they've already got set (other then more fixes, etc)
Code:
./build set custombuild 1.2
./build update
Note if you want to go to CB 2.0, it requires more steps because the 2.0 options.conf files are not backwards compatible with 1.x options.conf files.
http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=44743

I'll likely add coder to CB1.1 to either automatically flip the version number up to 1.2, or spit out info to "highly encourage" Admin to upgrade to 1.2 or 2.0.

John

Back