Сhoose OS for DA

Royal Flash

Verified User
I choose OS for DA: FreeBSD or Ubuntu. In page "Installation Requirements" i see: FreeBSD 9.x 32/64-bit; Debian 8.x 64-bit. Which OS is best suited for DA?

In my opinion better than the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (support up to April 2019). FreeBSD 9.3 support to January 1, 2017.

When DA will work with Ubuntu FreeBSD 10x and Ubuntu 16xLTS?

Hello,

Directadmin recommends using CloudLinux, and CentOS is fine as well:

Code:
OS Name   : OS EOL        -> DA EOL
-----------------------------------------
CentOS 6  : November 2020 -> November 2021
CentOS 7  : June 2024     -> June 2025

If for any reason you can not install any of them, you might consider choosing an OS according to your own preferences and experience.

DA works well on FreeBSD. There are packages for FreeBSD 10 64bits.
You just have to know your way around FreeBSD and be aware that DA doesn't use jails to isolate accounts.
You can use the ports tree if you need more power and flexibility.

Thanks for answer!

Unfortunately, the FreeBSD 10 is not listed in official page "Installation Requirements", therefore continue to use this system I will not, though FreeBSD 8.4 I was completely satisfied ...

I decided to try CentOS 7.2 and I have a question partition structure. What file system to use for everyone partition? In official manual written: "For CentOS 7, use the xfs quota system. If you use ext4, add use_xfs=0 to the directadmin.conf." Does this mean that if I format all partitions in ext4, I can not manage by quotas?

Tell me what I need to format the partitions in xfs? My partition structure:

PART swap swap 16G
PART /boot ext3 512M
PART / ext4 10G
PART /tmp ext4 8G
PART /home ext4 900G
PART /var ext4 30G
PART /usr ext4 30G

"For CentOS 7, use the xfs quota system". Which part must be in xfs?

I plan to allocate for the database separate hard drive (partition). In FreeBSD it was so: mount /dev/ad4p4 /home/mysql, fs - ufs. What file system is best used in CentOS for partition database file?

P.S. Sorry for my English...

Last edited:
everything here is EXT4.
it's not recommend to format hd if you not know what you doing.
reinstall and make XFS
also ext4 is ok.
you need sysadmin to help you better.
you can send me p.m and i will try to help you

Back