Recompile MYSQL with --with-max-indexes=256

Pieter

Verified User
Hi there,

How do I recompile MYSQL to include the following --with-max-indexes=256

Have edited the build file (/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build)

Line 7034

Code:
	else
		./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-extra-charsets=all --enable-thread-safe-client --with-max-indexes=256 \
				 --enable-static --enable-assembler --with-named-z-libs=not-used --enable-shared \
				 --with-federated-storage-engine \
				 --with-innodb --with-plugins=innobase
	fi

How to I force custombuild to recompile MYSQL including the --with-max-indexes=256 option?

Currently I'm running 5.6.29 and ./build mysql us giving me the following message:

Code:
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /usr/bin/mysqlcheck
This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 5.6.29, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
cp: `/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so' and `/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so' are the same file

Thank you for your help!

All the best,
Pieter

Nobody knows how to force mysql to recompile, if already at the current latest?

Changing the code directly in the CustomBuild script doesn't mean that CustomBuild will compile MySQL for you :) Please enable mysql_force_compile option in your options.conf file and try again.

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late response (did not get a notification).

I have enabled the mysql_force_compile option (mysql_force_compile=yes) but it did not make any difference, it is still not forcing mysql to recompile.

I'm getting the following response:

Code:
[root@server custombuild]# ./build mysql
	Dumping database **** 
 Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-client-5.6.29-1.linux_glibc2.5.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-devel-5.6.29-1.linux_glibc2.5.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-server-5.6.29-1.linux_glibc2.5.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-shared-5.6.29-1.linux_glibc2.5.x86_64.rpm
Stopping mysqld ...
Shutting down MySQL.. SUCCESS! 
Updating MySQL 5.6.29 to 5.6.29
warning: MySQL-client-5.6.29-1.linux_glibc2.5.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 5072e1f5: NOKEY
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
   1:MySQL-shared           ########################################### [ 25%]
   2:MySQL-server           ########################################### [ 50%]
   3:MySQL-devel            ########################################### [ 75%]
   4:MySQL-client           ########################################### [100%]
Ensuring local-infile is disabled for security reasons in MySQL configuration file...
Starting MySQL.. SUCCESS! 
Giving mysqld a few seconds to start up...
Looking for 'mysql' as: /usr/bin/mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /usr/bin/mysqlcheck
This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 5.6.29, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
cp: `/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so' and `/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so' are the same file
Restarting MySQL.
Shutting down MySQL.. SUCCESS! 
Starting MySQL.. SUCCESS! 
[root@server custombuild]#

Thanks for your help.

Back