RoundCube not connecting to database

westoz

Verified User
Hi I am having a problem with roundcube not working on my debian wheezy server. I have removed the da_roundcube database and have tried to rebuild it but get the below errors, I am using custombuild 2.0 . Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 1: Access denied for user 'backup'@'localhost' to database 'da_roundcube'
ERROR 1044 (42000) at line 1: Access denied for user 'backup'@'localhost' to database 'mysql'
Editing roundcube configuration...
Roundcube 1.2.0 has been installed successfully.
Executing database schema update.
Updating database schema (2013011000)... [FAILED]
done.

I have searched hi and low since my last post and can not find an answer to this, I have removed roundcube and reinstalled with same issue. I have run ./build all d and ./build rewrite_confs with same result. is anyone able to suggest where I can look next to try and fix this problem. Thanks

thanks for the reply, yes I have tried this but it wont re-create the database. the error in my first post is what i get when running that command

Last edited:
Because it says user backup i guess you have a .my.cnf file or something related with a custom config for the user, remove/rename that file (it is in /root/) and it should start working.

Regards

Thanks Andrea I appreciate your help and thats exactly what it was. I renamed the file and was able to reinstall roundcube without issue. Thanks for your time

No problem.

I guess that you have that file there for some backup scripts, i would suggest you to add the credential in the script and not to use that file to prevent this to happen again.

Best regards

Back