Libpng 1.6.24 to 1.6.25 update fails with error (CentOS6)

Verified User
Hi,

When updating libpng I ran into the following error:

Code:
contrib/tools/pngfix.o: In function `zlib_reset':
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/libpng-1.6.25/contrib/tools/pngfix.c:2185: undefined reference to `inflateReset2'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [pngfix] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/libpng-1.6.25'
make: *** [all] Error 2

After searching the forum I found the following post: http://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=51313 suggesting to install 'zlib-devel', but that is already installed.

I have recently installed zlib 1.2.8 from source, so that may be the problem.

In another search I came across this post: https://recalll.co/app/?q=matplotlib%20-%20pngfix.c:2151:%20undefined%20reference%20to%20%60inflateReset2%27 which suggested it was caused by installing a newer version of zlib.
Libtool doesn't seem to know about this, so I followed the suggestions is that article.

I changed /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/build to include 'LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"' in the configure command for libpng.

Code:
####################################################

doLibPng() {
        quitIfLocked doLibPng

cd ${CWD}

getFile libpng-${PNG_VER}.tar.gz libpng_current

tar xzf libpng-${PNG_VER}.tar.gz --no-same-owner
        cd libpng-${PNG_VER}

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

That solved the problem.

Is it possible to make this permanent, because it will disappear when 'build' is updated?

I am still running into the same problem on Centos 6. Should not this be the default, as this is where Directadmin installs zlib:
Code:
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib_da/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/lib_da/include" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local

Back