[backup] Specific Reseller

Trickster

Verified User
On this moment i backup All users, so every new added user will be backuped to,
In the new situation i want to make a split the backups by reseller ( Not from the reseller level but from admin level ).
I haven't tried but will if i click backup specific user (and click on add on reseller name ) a new account on the reseller level also backuped or do i need some manual interaction ?

Hello,

Admin level back does not backup a reseller, if you click to back only a selected user. You need to click reseller if you want to backup it.
Admin level backup will create backups with names the following way:

user.reseller.username.tar.gz

so if reseller's name is adam and user's name is bob you will have:

user.adam.bob.tar.gz

so you can easily split backups by reseller name.

Reseller Backups (Specific for Resellers)

Hello,

We are new to DirectAdmin and have started using after cPanel price increase.

We used to make regular backups for their Reseller WHM's to a remote FTP storage which they had direct access, we wused WHMeasyBackup for this purpose

Here we want to do the same from their Direct Admin reseller panel we want to schedule automated backups for last 7 days to a remote storage. All backups beyond 7 days should be automatically deleted as was in cpanel using the deletion script and run using cron job

How to do this, please help...

Using DirectAdmin admin level backups you can organize a 7 days rotation of backups using "append file" path: weekday.

Reseller Backups (Specific for Resellers)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply...

No we have to do this from the reseller control panel only as was done in cPanel, reseller had full control over their backups.

we used - https://whmbackup.solutions/

We configured the script to the primary cPanel account of the reseller and scheduled cron and all accounts under the specific reseller used to get backed up to a remote backup storage via SFTP ( resellers used to receive email notifications)

There was a deletion script which run everyday and deleted backups previous to 7 days ( resellers used to receive email notifications)

This was pretty simple, can anything be configured with Direct Admin ?

Thank you

Back