Unable To Log Into DA Admin Interface

1024kb

Verified User
For whatever reason, I am unable to log into the DA Admin interface. I used the password it provided after the script finished, however when inputting the user 'admin' and the password, it simply just redirects to the login page. Just for testing purposes I put in a known bad password, and when I did that it generated an "Invalid credentials" message. So I tried the provided admin password again, and it did the redirect and is not generating the "Invalid credentials" message.

For starters I went ahead and changed the admin password via 'passwd admin', however that did not make a difference with the new password.

Then I checked the logs and saw the following (which doesn't really help me much, but maybe means something more to someone else):

/var/log/directadmin/security.log:
Code:
2017:01:19-17:01:37: XXX has tried to log in 10 times, unsuccessfully, this time into (null)'s account ***
2017:01:19-17:02:58: XXX has tried to log in 11 times, unsuccessfully, this time into (null)'s account ***
2017:01:19-17:03:08: XXX has tried to log in 12 times, unsuccessfully, this time into (null)'s account ***
2017:01:19-17:03:43: XXX has tried to log in 13 times, unsuccessfully, this time into (null)'s account ***
2017:01:19-17:03:47: XXX has tried to log in 14 times, unsuccessfully, this time into (null)'s account ***

/var/log/directadmin/login.log:
Code:
2017:01:19-16:57:48: 'XXX' 2 failed login attempts. Account 'admin'
2017:01:19-16:57:53: 'XXX' 3 failed login attempts. Account 'admin'
2017:01:19-16:58:05: 'XXX' 4 failed login attempts. Account 'admin'
2017:01:19-16:58:09: 'XXX' 5 failed login attempts. Account 'admin'
2017:01:19-17:05:37: 'XXX' 15 failed login attempts. Account 'asdfasdf'

Also not sure if this matters, but I do have a redirect set up in directadmin.conf:
Code:
echo "ssl_redirect_host=hostname" >> directadmin.conf

Any ideas or additional troubleshooting steps anyone could provide me with?

Hello,

Do you have enough free disk space in your partitions on a server?
Are the all partitions mounted in RW on the server?
Do you have a static IP?
Is server time is correct?
Is your computer's time correct?
Are cookies enabled in your browser?
Did you try another browser?
Did you try another computer or device?
Did you try debug mode in Directadmin?

Hi zEitEr, thanks for the feedback. I verified everything you asked:

Code:
[root@tx-dal-01 ~]# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vda1        58G  2.7G   52G   5% /
tmpfs           939M   28K  939M   1% /dev/shm

Code:
[root@tx-dal-01 ~]# mount
/dev/vda1 on / type ext4 (rw,usrquota,grpquota)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

IP is static. Server time is correct, with ntp installed and running and syncing with pool.ntp.org. Local machine time is correct. Cookies enabled. Tried Chrome and FF, and both produced the same results. Tried another machine as well as my phone, same thing.

However I did not try debug mode, as I wasn't aware there was one. I might try that.

---

For the time being it looks like I have it worked out, however not exactly how I want it functioning. I had changed the DirectAdmin port from its default 2222 to 8443 since that is an HTTPS port and one of the ports that CloudFlare allows traffic through by default so I could access the control panel by hostname instead of IP. To fix the issue, what I did was just disable SSL (SSL=0) and removed the redirect in directadmin.conf, changed the DirectAdmin port to another random non-standard port, and accessed the panel directly by IP address.

I guess that is fine for now, but if you have any idea how I could get it working with the hostname, that would be appreciated. Like I said, I'll check out the debug mode too.

If you proxy your hostname through CloudFlare that might be an issue then. You need to point the hostname to your Directadmin server IP.

Back