MariaDB Update on FreeBSD

labrocca

Verified User
I've not been able to upgrade my MariaDB (10.0.22) on FreeBSD (10.3) using Custombuild 2.0 (latest script release).

Here are last lines before the build fails. Note that installed LZMA from PKG manager hoping that would fix it, no luck.

[ 62%] Linking CXX executable ma_pagecache_consist_64kWR-t
[ 62%] Linking CXX executable ma_test_loghandler_max_lsn-t
[ 62%] Linking CXX executable ma_pagecache_consist_64kHC-t
[ 62%] Performing install step for 'build_lzma'
--- install-recursive ---
Making install in api
--- install-am ---
--- install-nobase_includeHEADERS ---
test -z "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/./xz/include" || /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma/build-aux/install-sh -c -d "/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/./xz/include"
/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma/build-aux/install-sh: Permission denied
*** [install-nobase_includeHEADERS] Error code 126

make[5]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-build/src/liblzma/api
1 error

make[5]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-build/src/liblzma/api
*** [install-am] Error code 2

make[4]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-build/src/liblzma/api
1 error

make[4]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-build/src/liblzma/api
*** [install-recursive] Error code 1

make[3]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-build/src/liblzma
1 error

make[3]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-build/src/liblzma
--- storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-stamp/build_lzma-install ---
*** [storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma-stamp/build_lzma-install] Error code 2

make[2]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29
1 error

My first error turned out that a file isn't proper permissions.

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.0.29/storage/tokudb/PerconaFT/xz/src/build_lzma/build-aux/install-sh

That has to be 755.

How do I add "-DWITHOUT_TOKUDB=1" to a custombuild config for mariaDB. I don't see a configuration file.

Anyone know the best way to cmake and build MariaDB?

Last edited:
On FreeBSD (11) it will not compile if not configuring it that way:

Code:
cmake -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO
cmake -DPLUGIN_OQGRAPH=NO

Here is what you need to do:

1. Untar, ungz the installation file
2. Run the above two commands
3. make install
4. Follow this tutorial after the upgrade: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/mysql_upgrade/

And those instructions for installation won't screw up any DA settings or custom changes I have? Just want to make sure that doing the cmake from the folder will install correctly all the DA variables and settings. I knew reverting is a pain the butt.

Thanks btw...

Should the command be:
cmake -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO -DPLUGIN_OQGRAPH=NO

EDIT:
Okay, finally got this to build on FreeBSD 10.3 to MariaDB 10.0.29.

Had to disable a few things. Ultimately this was my cmake command:

cmake -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO -DPLUGIN_OQGRAPH=NO -DPLUGIN_MROONGA=NO -DWITHOUT_MROONGA_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES -DWITHOUT_TOKUDB_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES

I think version 10.0 and 10.1 have different switch parameters. -DPLUGIN doesn't seem to work 100% for them all. It was still building and failing some of the storage engines. -DWITHOUT seemed to work.

Thanks guys for your help.

Last edited:
I am glad I helped. Hopefully DA support will fix that freebsd incompatibility in future releases.

Sadly it won't work with the latest 10.1.23:

[ 99%] Generating mysql_fix_privilege_tables_sql.c
*** Signal 11

Stop.
make[2]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.1.23
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.1.23
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mariadb-10.1.23

For MariaDB 10.2:

cmake -DPLUGIN_TOKUDB=NO -DPLUGIN_OQGRAPH=NO -DPLUGIN_MROONGA=NO -DPLUGIN_ROCKSDB=NO -DWITHOUT_MROONGA_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES -DWITHOUT_TOKUDB_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES -DWITHOUT_ROCKSDB_STORAGE_ENGINE=YES

Back