Apache MPM option

labrocca

Verified User
Upgraded to Apache 2.4.25 from 2.4.23 and now the mpm_event module is locking up similar to this bug:
https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=53555

scoreboard is full, not at MaxRequestWorkers.Increase ServerLimit.

Trying to adjust Serverlimit and other mpm_event settings but so far no luck.

I run the NGINX in front of Apache with PHP-FPM connecting from Apache. Can I change the Apache build to "worker"? Instructions say...

apache_mpm - this option is used to choose the MPM (Multi-Processing Module) of Apache. MPM is chosen during "./build apache". Possible values: prefork, event, auto (default: auto). Auto option selects "Event" MPM if mod_php is not chosen as php1_mode or php2_mode, otherwise "Prefork" MPM is set.

But I want "worker" module instead of event (auto). Which option do I use?

Last edited:
Sorry, I am on 2.4.25. I was on 2.4.23. My mistake, I wrote this up at like 2am after a full day of work.

worker is supported as an MPM in CB 2.0 options.conf :)

Code:
[root@server custombuild]# ./build opt_help full | grep apache_mpm
apache_mpm: prefork, event, [B]worker[/B], auto. Current value: prefork. Default value: auto. Description: Apache Multi-Processing Module. 'auto' mode sets MPM to be Prefork if PHP as mod_php is chosen, because this way PHP is not thread-safe. Otherwise Event MPM is set.

Ah...nice command. Gotta remember it. Maybe update the sticky. :)

Thank you sir.

Okay, now this stinks. Still having Apache crash. So I changed the build option to "worker", did a ./build clean, then a ./build apache and it shows that it's using mpm event still.

What's up with that?

Maybe because you're using the custombuild option:

Code:
webserver=nginx_apache

Which means you'll need to do:

Code:
./build nginx_apache

(instead of ./build apache)

To be on the safe side, I'd do the following:

Code:
./build clean; ./build update; ./build nginx_apache; ./build php -n; ./build rewrite_confs

If that doesn't work, you can always do:

Code:
./build clean; ./build all d

Last edited:
Back