DirectSlave/GO 3 - public beta

Hi,

Is there any plan to have a Docker version of DirectSlave?

Thank you!

Regards,
Harry TANG

Error: Login failed

First of all; thanks for creating DirectSlave.

I'm having an issue with an fresh install of DirectSlave GO/3.2 Advanced;
I think the installation was succesfull, but when adding directslave to a Directadmin instance in the multiserver setup I get the error "Error: Login failed".

I can login to the web interface with the same credentials, so I know they are correct. It doesn't matter if is use HTTPS or not. In the action.log an error occoures:
2019/02/15 16:24:46 Authorization failed from x.x.x.x

Any idea how to solve this?

First of all; thanks for creating DirectSlave.

I'm having an issue with an fresh install of DirectSlave GO/3.2 Advanced;
I think the installation was succesfull, but when adding directslave to a Directadmin instance in the multiserver setup I get the error "Error: Login failed".

I can login to the web interface with the same credentials, so I know they are correct. It doesn't matter if is use HTTPS or not. In the action.log an error occoures:
2019/02/15 16:24:46 Authorization failed from x.x.x.x

Any idea how to solve this?

First, check your login and password. For second, run DS with --debug option then check connection again, there is some entries in error.log must explain whats' happening.
If nothing changes, contact me PM, I think I can help you.

First, check your login and password. For second, run DS with --debug option then check connection again, there is some entries in error.log must explain whats' happening.
If nothing changes, contact me PM, I think I can help you.

Ok i've found the issue. When saving the config there was never a request to directslave, but I still got the error "Invalid User: <redacted>". Until I shortened the username, then the request arrived at directslave. So there was no issue in directslave; the issue was the max length of the username enforced by directadmin.

Ok i've found the issue. When saving the config there was never a request to directslave, but I still got the error "Invalid User: <redacted>". Until I shortened the username, then the request arrived at directslave. So there was no issue in directslave; the issue was the max length of the username enforced by directadmin.

That's cool! :)

Is this working with 1 cPanel and 1 Directadmin server to sync each other ?

Is this working with 1 cPanel and 1 Directadmin server to sync each other ?

cPanel server can be configured as secondary DNS server with DirectSlave to work as secondary-only, no DNS master records sync possible between cPanel and DirectAdmin.

I recently seemed to have unskillfully killed my 2nd nameserver (Debian), and now trying to get everything working again with new updated stuff (Ubuntu 18).

Trying to start DirectSlave from Webmin, I get the following error:
Code:
Executing /etc/init.d/directslave start ..

Starting DirectSlave.../etc/init.d/directslave: 24: /etc/init.d/directslave: /usr/local/directslave/bin/directslave: not found

/usr/local/directslave/bin/ has no 'directslave' in there.
Just the 5 Linux-variants.

I think I missed a certain "install-"step somewhere.

Sounds fair enough.
I would thought something like that would be mentioned in the README file somewhere, but maybe I'm spoiled too much ;)

True, is not in the README and it should be, but also the pre-flight checks uses that path (to check the config for instance) so you should have noticed that before the init ;)

Anyway, might worth to add it in the README file for clarity.

I am sure Roman will do as soon as he reads this :)

Best regards

I'm not 'too skilled' with this stuff, and a few years ago forumuser Richard helped me to get DirectSlave installed and running and it has been doing that for quite a while.
While I managed to fully upgrade all the system-software from Ubuntu 12 to 18 again on the 2nd nameserver VPS, I'm now still struggling to get DirectSlave to stay running.
It's def. not a "1-2-3-minute" kinda deal for me... and I'm mostlikely missing a few "should be known" items to get it to work again ;)

Yes I copied and renamed the distribution. But I feel more things need to be done.
But I don't see any errors appearing so I haven't found out yet why it doesn't stay running.

You can try to change the debug line to 1 in the config file and run it. It might tell you what the problem is.
I think I had the same problem but I don't remember what I had to do to fix it, it's been a while.

EDIT: I think I had to delete the "directslave.pid" file from the "run" folder that got created when I started it the 1st time (without renaming one of the files to directslave, like you did) and it worked after that.

Regards,
Alex

Last edited:
Yea, I think I started it as root and it couldn't delet it to start a new instance (or something). I'm no linux expert but from memory I think that's what fixed it, but than again, It might have been one of the things I tried until I got it working.

Back