Adding Domain Timing Out

northtones

Verified User
I am trying to add a couple domains to an existing account and DA times out on me. They end up basically half way added.. they show up under the account if you log into it, but they don't show up in the main listing when logged in as the admin user. If I remove the domain I don't get any errors and it does seem to remove everything. I attempt to add it again and get another time out. Any suggestions on what I can look at or why this may be happening?

Thanks.. so I ran that. However nothing really sticking out for me.

Post string: action=create&domain=testingdomain.com&ubandwidth=unlimited&uquota=u nlimited&ssl=ON&cgi=ON&php=ON
Plugin::addHooks: start
Plugin::addHooks: end
Command::doCommand(/CMD_DOMAIN)
Using default directory: /home/ntadmin/domains/default
IP::add_to_domain_ips: should_add_domain_to_domainips=0
File /etc/namedb/testingdomain.com.db.temp appears ok to named-checkzone
Timeout (timeout=60) from XX.XXX.XXX.XX : last flagged: custom script: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_create_post.sh : 'UseCanonicalName=OFF&active=yes&bandwidth=unlimited&cgi=ON&created_by=1&creator=ntadmin&defaultdomain=no&domain=testingdomain.com&ip=XXX.XX.XXX.XX&open_basedir=ON&php=ON&quota=un
Dynamic(api=0, error=0):
text='Your connection has timed out'
result='Either your request was invalid or the program hasn't completed your request.<br>
Please notify the server admin'

Last edited:
Is there anything in this file? /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_create_post.sh

And if so, can you paste it here? I can't remember how DirectAdmin is with circular references (calling itself from a hook), but let's look at it anyways.

Thank you for the quick response.. and sorry for my delay. This is the contents of that file.

root@e2:/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom # more domain_create_post.sh
#!/bin/sh
## New Domain Notification v1.4
## - Chris Eastman
## Changes in 1.4: changed update procedure to fetch a tarball.

echo "action=confirm&type=domains.list&user=$username" >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue

chmod 1777 /var/spool/virtual/

CWD=/usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom

hostname=`hostname`;
/usr/local/bin/wget -O /dev/null "http://phatns1.phatservers.com/new_domain.php?d=${domain}&i=${ip}&u=${username}&h=$hostname" >/dev/null &
echo "Your domain will be added to DNS shortly.<br>"

exit 0;

I'd comment out all of the lines except the last (exit 0), and then start uncommenting them one by one, testing each time.

I suspect the chmod line (which looks dangerous, btw).

I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Isn't this the same script on all DA installs? I can take a look at others, but I am only aware of this issue on this particular server. I will update how it goes. Thanks!

This is a non-standard script. Definitely not installed by DA as far as I know.

Hello,

The user aman12 seems to be right. Trying to connect to http://phatns1.phatservers.com/ I've got a timeout error, so that most likely is the reason of your issue. So you need either to remove the line or make sure that http://phatns1.phatservers.com/ is not blocking your server's IP and allows you to connect to it.

I'm having a similar issue ... but the /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_create_post.sh is empty.

Trying to add a new domain results in eventual timing out:

Your connection has timed out

Details

Either your request was invalid or the program hasn't completed your request.
Please notify the server admin

: No such file or directory
-bash: /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/domain_create_post.sh: No such file or directory

Last edited:
Is anything at all in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom/ ?

Is MultiServer function enabled on the server?

Just for sh!ts and giggles, I turned off MultiServer, and it created the domain right away!

So is there a work around so that I don't need to turn off MultiServer every time I add a domain?

Just for sh!ts and giggles, I turned off MultiServer, and it created the domain right away!

So is there a work around so that I don't need to turn off MultiServer every time I add a domain?

It means you have a not-working server added to MultiServer. Please try clicking on 'test connection' :) It could be related to firewall, or wrong IP specified there.

Absolutely agree with Martynas, Multiserver function is OK, you need to check connectivity of all servers.

I got the same timeout error everytime when I create a new domain. Restarting directadmin did not work too but the solution to this problem is, I just need to reboot server, and I can create domain without timeout error. Still don't find technical reason why we need to reboot one time to get this work after installing directadmin. In the debug log I did not find any suspicious not working process.. The power of reboot solved this.

Back