hostname not reachable by IPV6

Awd

Verified User
Hi,

I added an IPV6 to Directadmin and did everything what is necessary for that.

All domains are now working with IPV6 connection, except the hostname (server.domain.com).
The domain itself domain.com is working with IPV6

So now the problem is that users (I use force hostname with application like Roundcube) can´t access their mail with Roundcube.

In the DNS I have an AAAA record with server.
What am i missing? Or do I need to make a subdomain (server.domain.com)?

Thanks
Fred

Hey Fred,

Have you added a DNS entry for server.domain.com to point to IPv6 under this domain.com domain name?

Hello Fred,

There are two possible issues:

1. DNS, you updated your record on a wrong server, for example you use remote Name servers from your registrar or server provider, and updated record in Directadmin. In this case you should see an error saying non-exiting domain or can not resolve domain in a browser. Check with nslookup/dig/host whether or not IPv6 is returned.

2. Web-server settings, apache/nginx is not configured to respond queries to IPv6 for your hostname. In this case you could see a time-out error or connection failed error in a browser. Rewrite configs on directadmin server with ./build rewrite_confs

You did not provide a real domain name so we can't check your issue on our end. Please provide either more details including a full text of an error you get or a real domain name.

Hello,

I think the DNS had to resolve a bit longer. Now it seems to work. Thank you all for your time and advice!

Back