DirectAdmin reporting to Slack #general channel via Interface

youds

Verified User
Hi all,

Anybody know of a quick method to get DirectAdmin to report following emails to Slack which is entirely possible from WHMCS now as of one of the newer versions supports it:

Code:
cURL 7.56.1 to 7.57.0 update is available.
Exim 4.89 to 4.89.1 update is available.

This would be great, also, some web hook for these specific emails to report update availability to customer would be good as an alternative. I am fairly well used to using #!bin/bash scripts to the option to include something in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/custom in a file_name_post.sh script is something I have done before.

I would need to know the name of the script and the variables passed to it or else I would output the tokens with $1 onward etc. If anybody has a code snippet for this that would be great, will post results back when done. This really should be a common feature of DA if it wants its theme to be representative of services; third-party integrations has always been lacking in DA but this really is an essential so let's do it and come up with the answer for this fantastic hosting control panel.

If nobody does provide a solution themselves or has one already, I'm busy pre-alpha testing the Evolution theme so not much time for DA but obviously I need this service so it will come up my list of items to be completed in order of precedence. Will wait 5-7 days before even attempting completing this setup, give you guys time to do it yourselves or find someone that has an answer. In the meantime I'll check on docs for email to Slack integration hopefully today, incase nobody does have an answer for me.

On a side note this would be a feature enhancement to DA not a required feature; I could always have DA email my support ticket line for an automatic ticket open requesting my attention and that's something I monitor. This would be an essential for those using Slack already.

Kind regards

Hello,

Custombuild script creates a cron task for updates. So you can find it under /etc/cron.*/ and modify it to fit your needs.

K, so mine is daily. I think I should post a script and info on how to include that after locating your custombuild cron in one of the dir's. Will get back to you. Easier than giving a patch; could create confusion down the line.

Kind regards

Back