Multiple PHP versions simultaneously - Select PHP version not there

mlapl1

Verified User
Hello

I run custombuild 2.0 and directadmin v. 1.52.1

I have set up correctly both PHP5.6 and PHP 7.0. There was an option in the enhanced skin to select the various versions and the associated extensions. I was looking for more control from directadmin (specifically to switch modules on and off and set the version). However I could not find it.

So... after reading some posts, I decided to try to change the directadmin skin. Not only did this not work but I also lost the limited PHP version selection option that used to be there (in the user menu under advanced features). I have now returned to the enhanced skin (minus the facility I am looking for).

So... how can I regain what I lost and, secondly, how can I activate the module selection screen? I am now running blind but ok as the settings are correct - with time I will want to change them though.

Thank you for your help.

Andrew

You could not find the PHP selector in new Evolution skin? user level -> select domain -> PHP version selector (at the end of the page).

It is hard to say if you installed the new skin correctly? And also if you reverted the old skin correctly.

Correct. Now I cannot see the selector in any skin.

I have 3 skins that came with the system:

enhanced (that is what I had previously and could see it)
default and
power user.

I tried both default and power user and saw nothing (and definitely no module switcher).

I then went back to enhanced and now no selector.

The appropriate code is in the skin.

As for correct installation, I just clicked on the skin links at reseller level.

Thanks for youor help and thoughts.

check in Directadmin.conf. these settings (change the name in the one you prefer, for example enhanced
Code:
demodocsroot=./data/skins/evolution
docsroot=./data/skins/evolution

Maybe you have also to edit:
have to edit docsroot=./data/skins/enhanced to docsroot=./data/skins/evolution in usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username

But if you want evolution skin, just follow these steps: https://www.directadmin.com/evolution.php

Well... unfortunately... I downloaded the evolution skin. I then used the normal skin update as advised in your last link. My screen intantly went white and I have not been able to bring it back to life despite following instructions for a manual setup and going back to enhanced skin rather than evolution. No idea what to do at this stage. I may need to ask the VPS suppliers to reinstall directadmin.

check in Directadmin.conf. these settings (change the name in the one you prefer, for example enhanced
Code:
demodocsroot=./data/skins/evolution
docsroot=./data/skins/evolution

Maybe you have also to edit:
have to edit docsroot=./data/skins/enhanced to docsroot=./data/skins/evolution in usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username

But if you want evolution skin, just follow these steps: https://www.directadmin.com/evolution.php

Reinstallation is not needed. Please make sure you run latest DA pre-release binaries. Skin does not work without them. If you're still having any difficulties, just create a ticket at tickets.directadmin.com and your problems will be solved free of charge :)

Ah yes... one more thing... How do I get and run the latest pre-release binaries? I really have not taken the time to study directadmin much

I have tried to download the latest file using

wget --no-check-certificate -O new.tar.gz 'https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?redirect=ok&uid=123&lid=1234&channel=beta'

I found my user id in my.cnf but cannot find the license id (although I have found a password - which does not work). There is also a license.key file in the conf directory. It looks like a data file. Every time I run the wget, it creates a garbage file of 45 bytes in length which of course does not get decompressed. I do have an update.tar.gz file from January 17 and a custombuild.tar.gz from january 18. I have decompressed the update.tar.gz file several times in the directadmin directory and then run the commands as stated in your message but nothing ever happens (i.e. directadmin is still down).

Any advice - or maybe just issue a ticket as you suggest.

The license for my vps is renewed monthly.

Please check /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/setup.txt, it should have your client/license ID. If you are still unable to find it, just create a ticket and that's it :)

Thank you - I will try again.

Please check /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/setup.txt, it should have your client/license ID. If you are still unable to find it, just create a ticket and that's it :)

Back