Error on popboxen created by restoring backup from other server

flexjoly

Verified User
Hello,

We had some errors with some of our accounts on a new server.

Exim said:
Code:
LMTP error after RCPT .... 451

Dovecot gives:
Code:
May 04 10:57:46 lmtp(28682): Error: fchown(/home/kom/imap/xxxx.nl/info/Maildir/maildirsizexxxxx.nl.28682.f08949c768fc0a55, group=1003(access)) failed: Operation not permitted (egid=12(mail), group based on /home/kom/imap/xxxx.nl/info/Maildir - see http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Errors/ChgrpNoPerm)
May 04 10:57:46 lmtp(28682): Error: safe_mkstemp(/home/kom/imap/xxxx.nl/info/Maildir/maildirsize) failed: Operation not permitted
May 04 10:57:46 lmtp(28682): Error: Mailbox INBOX: quota: Failed to get quota resource STORAGE_BYTES for INBOX: quota-maildir: Failed to get STORAGE_BYTES: failed to write maildirsize
May 04 10:57:46 lmtp(28682): Error: mailbox_get_status(INBOX, STATUS_CHECK_OVER_QUOTA) failed: Mailbox INBOX: quota: Failed to get quota resource STORAGE_BYTES for INBOX: quota-maildir: Failed to get STORAGE_BYTES: failed to write maildirsize

So I looked into the permissions and both folders (imap and Maildir) the owner is set to: <user>:access. I changed it to <user>:mail.
This fixed the problem :D

This seems to happen with accounts that were moved from another server. We restored the mail from the backup, but not the other parts of the backup.
Could it be that in that case the permissions are set right??

Greetz, Lydia

Hello,

Directories and files under /home/*/imap/ are owned by group mail on my end. What permissions you have in your *.tar.gz file, and/or old server?

Back