Issues with the System Backup page

Bastille

Verified User
There seems to be a few issues with the System Backup page, all of which are minor thankfully.

1) If you make the mistake of checking to include home directories to the directories list, they seem to be permanently listed there. Unchecking the box does not remove them.

2) When you've set directories/files to be saved, it will store the number that you've chosen but not show which ones were selected. If you do select all, the "check all" box does remain checked at least. Due to the issue mentioned above though, that is not an option currently on the directories page.

3) Changes made to what gets backed up may not be saved properly, as it is also still attempting to backup home directories. This may just be us not actually saving the changes yesterday when we thought we disabled that however. I will see how things go during tonight's backup.

Edit: Can confirm, it is still backing up home directories despite being told not to. Unsure if that's an actual DirectAdmin issue though or Evolution being wonky.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the first issue stems from the Evolution skin. When I switched back to Enhanced temporarily, the users home directories box was still checked despite Evolution showing it being unchecked. Evolution might not be toggling the correct setting when you try to disable that option.

Toggling it off in Enhanced did indeed remove the directories from showing up in the directories list.

And then the other two are somewhat moot because I realized, after taking another look at how the page operates, that the system backup was doing what it is supposed to do. The only way to "disable" saving something is to remove it outright. This is entirely personal preference but I feel like it would be nice to disable some of the defaults while keeping them listed (eg greying them out). That's better directed towards the DA team though than Evolution itself so I'll handle that in a ticket with them.

Edit:
I think I found out what the cause is. You can add directories but not delete them. If you try to delete a directory using the Evolution skin on the System Backup page, it will generate an error. The Evolution skin must have thought it successfully deleted the user directories from /usr/local/sysbk/mod/custom.dirs and so it unchecked the box.

Last edited:
#1 has been fixed. Thank you for the report.

As far as I understood, #2/3 are not Evolution-specific, and are design changes, right?

Yes, that is correct. I realized that afterwards and I have a ticket open with DA themselves regarding it.

Thank you for making the change.

Back