Direct admin for professional hosting - is it suite?

driftux

Hi, I plan to have about 10-20 servers with several thousands of domains and need a control panel to manage all the hosting environment professionally.
I have some question is Direct Admin suite my needs:

1. Can I set in virtualmin server template or per domain limitations of sending email:
a) from one mailbox let to send 50 emails per 10 minutes
b) from one mailbox let to send till 200 emails per 1 hour
c) from one domain let to send 500 emails per 1 hour
d) one email can contain up to 50 recieptiens (this means one email = one recieptient)

2. Sending email from website
a) from one website would be possible to send 50 emails per 10 minutes and 300 emails per 1 hour. If the limits are crossed all emails would be rejected.
b) if email queue will consist more thant 10 000 emails, email service for that domain will be stopped and all emails will be deleted AND domain account will be disabled. If emails go with SMTP auth from website, this mailbox will be disabled.

3. Website virus. Most of the user uses vulnarable CMS's and their being infected quite quickly. Suddenly cripto currenciences starting to generating, o other strange things happen. Server gets very slow, because one website starting to generate 99% of CPU. I need to automatically block that website or account from executing such activities or sending spam (I wrote above).

4. Can I allow visit website only from specific countries? Is there any host using GEO-IP modules or smth?

I need functions that can easy the administrator job with limiting bad activities. Or when the problem arises it could easely be controled, enabled/disabled and so on.
I need not only control panel to manage the domains, but also do automatically a lot of functions of prevention.

Thanks.

Hello,

Directadmin as of now does not support per minutes or per hours limits. It can be achieved with customization though.

Directadmin does not count CPU usage, but you might use CloudLinux OS for this. CloudLinux OS can limit CPU usage on per user bases.

Directadmin does not have GeoIP module or configuration for it. You can use custom code with Apache/NGINX or configure CSF/LFD.

Thanks. Does anybody cofigure servers in that way I am asking about with custom software, if DA not handle it?
Can you share with the strategy of yours?

I think these things are essiantials to have integrated in the servers if you want to do hosting business and have minimized worry about daily troubles.

As for setting per minute and per hour sending limits, you can adjust the PERL script /etc/exim.pl. I've configured the script the same way for a hosting company some years earlier.

Here are some insights on how it works:

- https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=514
- https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=81

Here are some ideas from Directadmin developers on how to change daily limits to hourly: https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=43681&p=222428#post222428

I used another method and modified /etc/exim.pl to check hourly limits and daily limits. As I mentioned earlier I did it some years ago, and exim.pl was upgraded significantly since that. I've never updated my solution. The general idea is still working, but a realization it outdated a little bit.

As for CPU limits, there are no tools in Directadmin to measure CPU usage per user or per domain, and I believe it can not be done with a native kernel. CLoudLinux is a paid OS with a monthly subscription which support CPU limits out of a box. It offers addons for Directadmin to manage resource limits on per user bases from Directadmin interface.

As for GeoIP I have nothing to suggest for the exception of CSF/LFD, which also have a addon for Directadmin, so all the rules and settings can be updated in Directadmin interface.

Back