widget suggestions

TheMask

Verified User
we are hosting company
softaculous or installatron widgets would be very very good...

Good to hear. I had an open ticket going with Installatron's support team regarding Evolution support so I've let them know that there's progress being made

Is Installatron still supported? Their forums aren't active like Softaculous's are. Softaculous's SitePad is interesting too.

Last edited:

I was out googling with the idea of installing an installer for people to use. I don't know much about either other than the research I've done over the past few days. I know DA has a history with Installatron, and I tried it once, and it worked. Elsewhere on the web, Softaculous was doing the best in polls, and generating more buzz than Fantastico, even amongst cPanel users where Fantastico is what they have been weaned on. Few were talking about Installatron, but the comments there were, were favorable, with some expressing doubt whether or not they were very active anymore. I visited Installatron's forums and some of the groups I would think would be quite active, had a latest post back in October. I came here to learn the score from you guys, and that is how I ended up on this thread.

Softaculous, as a company, seems to have a lot more energy than the other two. Examples:
- SitePad is an Easy to use, Drag & Drop Website builder that is like being able to offer your own version of WIX or SquareSpace.
- WPCentral app that allows single-point access to all of your WordPress sites.
- Pinguzo that is an agent-based monitoring system for servers and sites. I use Zabbix, which is the most capable, but this looks like an easier to deploy canned system that will probably be all that most people want.
- They have free tools too.
- They state they integrate with DirectAdmin.

My thoughts are if DA is picking a horse, it seems that Softaculous people are the most excited about what they do, and thus more likely to anticipate and provide what we would want going forward, which would make our lives and DA's easier, and more productive. There may be other factors that I'm not aware of since my knowledge in this area is near zero.

Thanks!

Back