Thread: Unable to create domain

Question Unable to create domain

Using my own (admin) user I'm not able to create a domain (anymore), I was able to before, but not sure when it started failing, it's been a while since I've needed to create one.

I can create the same domain from a different admin-account and also from some reseller-account.

Somebody who might be able to help me out on this one?

Here's the complete output
    Code:
    Could not write domain's db file in /var/named
    User added to named.conf file successfully
    Unable to save dns zone: named-checkzone returned:
    loading "somedomain.com" from "/var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922" class "IN"
    dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922:25: near 'shared': bad dotted quad
    dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922:26: near 'shared': bad dotted quad
    dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922:27: near 'shared': bad dotted quad
    dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922:28: near 'shared': bad dotted quad
    dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922:29: near 'shared': bad dotted quad
    dns_rdata_fromtext: /var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922:30: near 'shared': bad dotted quad
    zone somedomain.com/IN: loading from master file /var/named/somedomain.com.db.temp.29922 failed: bad dotted quad
    zone somedomain.com/IN: not loaded due to errors.

I might have found something related

Screenshot 2019-02-07 at 08.21.21.png

The value here says 'shared' and when I'm looking at some other DirectAdmin server and it's admin user it doesn't have 'shared' it just lists the server IP.

Hello,

Probably a similar issue: https://forum.directadmin.com/showthread.php?t=57502
    In this case it might be the second report. I'd suggest that you open a ticket with Directadmin support so they could investigate it on your your server.
    Regards, Alex G.

- Get the best commercial DirectAdmin support and hire me on poralix.com
    - Follow and like @Poralix on Facebook