Exim 4.92

HMM 4.92 or 4.93?
options, and new features, see the NewStuff file next to this ChangeLog.

Exim version 4.93
-----------------

JH/01 OpenSSL: With debug enabled output keying information sufficient, server
side, to decode a TLS 1.3

JH/05 DKIM: ensure that dkim_domain elements are lowercased before use.

Also the key part???

This document describes *changes* to previous versions, that might
affect Exim's operation, with an unchanged configuration file. For new
options, and new features, see the NewStuff file next to this ChangeLog.
!!!!

Last edited:
See the exim website or GitHub releases page; 4.92 is the latest stable release. 4.93 is probably the next version.

Code:
TLS error on connection from ... (SSL_accept): error:1412E0E2:SSL routines:ssl_parse_clienthello_tlsext:clienthello tlsext

It doesn't seem to be entirely broken, in this case it's a third party app that may be doing something wrong, but it is a little worrying.

edit:
As it turns out, more apps are having problems sending e-mail through our DirectAdmin servers. I will try to do some more research.

Last edited:
We have decided to downgrade all of our servers to 4.91 until we know more about this issue.

Last edited:
The vulnerability was patched with the release of Exim 4.92, on February 10, 2019, but at the time the Exim team released v4.92, they didn't know they fixed a major security hole.

This was only recently discovered by the Qualys team while auditing older Exim versions. Now, Qualys researchers are warning Exim users to update to the 4.92 version to avoid having their servers taken over by attackers. Per the same June 2019 report on email server market share, only 4.34% of all Exim servers run the latest 4.92 release.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/new-r...s-nearly-half-of-the-internets-email-servers/

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set exim yes
./build exim

I am getting:

Trying to make exim...
/bin/sh scripts/source_checks
`Makefile' is up to date.

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/exim-4.92/build-Linux-i386'
>>> version 4.92 #4

>>> version 4.92 #5

gcc -DMACRO_PREDEF macro_predef.c
In file included from exim.h:482,
from macro_predef.c:11:
structs.h:757: error: 'NS_MAXMSG' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[1]: *** [macro_predef.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/exim-4.92/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [all] Error 2

*** The make has failed, would you like to try to make again? (y,n):

Just updated mine, I had to downgrade to .91 when .92 was released, as there were SSL errors as post #6 states. Was this resolved?

I guess the forum is not as active as it used to be.

I upgraded a server with a lot of users. I see some SSL errors but exactly the same as above. Nobody has complained yet.

We are running Exim 4.92 on tens of servers without any issues. All of them run centos/cloudlinux.

i have the same on some older servers

--make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/exim-4.92/build-Linux-i386'
>>> version 4.92 #4

>>> version 4.92 #5

gcc -DMACRO_PREDEF macro_predef.c
In file included from exim.h:482,
from macro_predef.c:11:
structs.h:757: error: 'NS_MAXMSG' undeclared here (not in a function)
make[1]: *** [macro_predef.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/exim-4.92/build-Linux-i386'
make: *** [all] Error 2

*** The make has failed, would you like to try to make again? (y,n):
---

did anyone resolved this?

Back