Restore Backup from FTP

Freddy

Verified User
I need to restore a backup from an FTP server (this FTP server has disabled secure FTP so transfers are in plaintext). The credentials are good and the "Secure FTP" option is set to "No". When I click the "Update files" button the file list contains 2 lines with numbers, but no file names.
chrome_2019-02-25_14-09-49.png

When I change the "Secure FTP" option to "FTPS" then the file list contains the actual filenames (in this case only 1 file).
2019-02-25_14-11-14.png

I select the file to be restored and it gets added to the queue. After about a minute I get the following message:

Subject: An error occurred during the restore.
Invalid login/password for directadmin on xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (hidden IP address)

Any clues?

Hello,

As a possible solution you could probably upload the needed files into /home/admin/admin_backups/ and then restore them from the location.

That's the alternate solution I have used to restore the backups. But it would be nice if the FTP restore would work.

There are no sufficient details on even to guess what might be wrong....

Try and connect manually from the server to your backup server and see whether or not it connects fine.

The FTP login works like it supposed to. It does seem that the problem is FTP server specific. When I use another FTP server everything seems to work just fine. Does DirectAdmin backup/restore changes Passive/Active mode when FTPS is enabled? That might be a reason for not displaying the filenames correctly.
I guess i'll need to try switching FTP servers for my backups to check if that really solves the problem.

Disable firewall on your server with Directadmin and see whether or not it helps. If you don't see any issue with a disabled firewall then it might be due your firewall blocks connections over passive FTP ports.

Back